Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobile Warranties

Hi Boys and Girls,

My BlackBerry finally bit the dust... within warranty period. Vodafone sent the handset off to repair. The service centre inform me they will not repair/replace the handset due to there being 'physical damage' on it. Said 'physical damage' may have been the result of me dropping the phone about 18 months ago... which is 18 months before the phone decided to not switch on.

So it's like your gearbox blowing up 6 months after purchasing the car, and Holden telling you they won't cover it under warranty because your rear bar has a dent in it????

Any advice here?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How bad is the damage and what is the fault? If it is a fault that can be related to dropping it I'm not sure what would happen there.

Can they prove that the fault is related to the damage? If not. I'd be seeking advice from fair trading...

Or go through insurance if u have it.. but make it clear to Vodafone that they can stick it where the sun don't shine and go elsewhere. Its amazing how these places dont care for their customer base. No wonder Apple have been crowned for their exceptional customer service, because no one else gives a shit but them!!
    Last edited by hazrd; 1st December 2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their claim is they will not repair/replace any handset if there is physical damage on it, period... even if it's completely unrelated to the reason why you've sent it off for repair (in this case, the BB being bricked - not switching on/trying to reboot itself).

My understanding of warranty claims is that if said issue was DUE to dropping/damaging the phone, then it voids the warranty... but let's not go there because I don't have any more steam left to blow Click here to enlarge

EDIT: the physical damage is a scratch/dent on the chrome casing of the phone.
    Last edited by BEK-46P; 1st December 2011 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    is that stated clearly in the warranty documentation? what they are doing doesnt seem right and they are definitely going the right way to lose their customer base!
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taken from BlackBerry's 'Handheld Limited Warranty':

"This Limited Warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear or if any component of the BlackBerry hardware is opened or repaired by someone not authorized by RIM, and does not cover repair or replacement of any BlackBerry Hardware damaged by: misuse, moisture or liquids, proximity or exposure to heat, accident, abuse, neglect, misapplication, or defects due to repairs or modifications made by anyone other than RIM. This Limited Warranty does not cover physical damage to the surface of the BlackBerry Hardware, including cracks or scratches on the LCD screen."

It's in there, but not common knowledge and is rather unethical.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you might need to cut your losses and change phones Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like normal wear n tear to me... So long as the screen aint cracked & covers still attached, they aint got a case to refuse you...

Contact the TIO (Telecomunications Ombudsman) they'll gladly assist in getting u a new handset... Click here to enlarge
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -
    To Do's - Re-paint console, FMIC!! WASH!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AfterBurner Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like normal wear n tear to me... So long as the screen aint cracked & covers still attached, they aint got a case to refuse you...

Contact the TIO (Telecomunications Ombudsman) they'll gladly assist in getting u a new handset... Click here to enlarge
    Yep, a friend referred me to these guys today. Already lodged a complaint, looking forward to a new handset Click here to enlarge

Thread Information