Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can I just also ask a small thing from everyone.
    The presence of a first aid kit, or at the very least some latex gloves makes the world of difference at these events should you come across one. And if nothing else the first aid kit is useful for a stash of bandaids for when you stub your toe in thongs! They're incredibly cheap and take up no room in the car, so if you don't have one, I emplore you at least consider one
    Last edited by sooty; 14th November 2011 at 06:29 PM.
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good call. Can also recommend a safety seat belt cutter within easy reach. Can save peoples life when pre-tensioners trap someone in their seat.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMaz Click here to enlarge
    Good call. Can also recommend a safety seat belt cutter within easy reach. Can save peoples life when pre-tensioners trap someone in their seat.
    Great addition especially seeing as you can pick one up with a window punch for $15. Could save a life
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    I don't believe the driver to be a bad driver, he simply fell asleep. So many young people will go out for an all night bender, or grab 2 hours of sleep before their retail job, knowing they can get through it,
    It's scary reading that, because I used to do that all the time when I was on my P's Click here to enlarge (not fall asleep at the wheel!!)

Hope Amy and her Mum work through it. Condolences to the families involved.
    Last edited by Vectracious; 14th November 2011 at 09:52 PM.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Participant astra in oz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great addition especially seeing as you can pick one up with a window punch for $15. Could save a life
    Ebay order completed now...
    Click here to enlarge
    02 SRi|Stock Standard... at the moment|

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah after reading what everyone has said, I'm going to buy a first aid kit for the car... just in case. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 Astra G Sedan
    Current Project:
    CarPC

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    All it takes is just 1 second.................... no one should have to witness these unfortunate events and it just shows that accidents, these type in particular, can happen at any time. All the best.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I just also ask a small thing from everyone.
    The presence of a first aid kit, or at the very least some latex gloves makes the world of difference at these events should you come across one. And if nothing else the first aid kit is useful for a stash of bandaids for when you stub your toe in thongs! They're incredibly cheap and take up no room in the car, so if you don't have one, I emplore you at least consider one
    Definitely good advice...

I have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher and other items in all of my cars.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ain, mate I hope your girlfriend and her mother are OK. Having seen more than one accident (and more than one death) I know how it can shake you up.

There is no advice that helps post fact except to say be careful and always watch for the 1% of idiots out there. And totally agree a first aid kit with a proper seat belt cutter and window punch is a must!! I carry them in my race and road cars. If you've ever been stuck in a car after an accident, you'd know its a cheap way to save your life!!
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The other thing is not just owning a first aid kit, but knowing how to use it effectively.

First aid courses cost about $80 for a full days CPR and basic trauma training with St Johns. Well worth it.

Not to mention plenty of jobs these days require you hold a first aid certificate, so it looks good on a resume.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Thread Information