Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Perspective: Please take two seconds to read.

Tonight on the way home from a family function i was driving in a separate car to my gf, although both initially travelling down the same route. i drove along this section of road no more than 5 mins ahead of her, with nothing at all wrong.
    5 mins later, this article explains the result.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mor...-1226193281474

She arrived to a scene of chaos, and as a registered nurse, as well as her mum who is a registered nurse, she rendered care to the man, who contrary to the article did not die instantly, and his fiance who was also severely injured until paramedics and police arrived. They rendered care until the man passed away in front of them.

I write this article because even though i was not there, through my girlfriend it has deeply affected myself, as well as changing their lives, the life of the fiance and the life of the driver.

I plead everyone, especially coming up to the silly season to take that little bit of extra care on the roads. I know factors that have played a role that i don't feel confident to disclose before public release, but i urge people to make sure that they are entirely fit to drive, whether under the influence of prescription meds, alcohol, fatigue etc, and to take the utmost care on the roads, even checking your mirrors before you open your door to get out.

This event is a tragic loss that has affected so many young lives, if it makes even one person just that little bit more cautious, then writing this has been worth it.

Stay safe everyone.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge

Well said.
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 Astra G Sedan
    Current Project:
    CarPC

OpelAus Participant astra in oz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noted.. And I shall pass the message on...
    I hope ur gf is ok...
    Click here to enlarge
    02 SRi|Stock Standard... at the moment|

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by astra in oz Click here to enlarge
    Noted.. And I shall pass the message on...
    I hope ur gf is ok...
    Thanks mate, they're all shocked and shaken but will be ok, even though the knock on effects will be long lasting, it's something we will always remember
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    sorry to hear ain. keep strong and make sure amy's ok mate. thoughts are with your family and the drivers family
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My thoughts are with the family who have lost someone well before there time.

Ain my mil is a nurse also, I have heard plenty of these stories.

It is very very hard to deal with and takes a long time to understand and cope.

The best thing you can do is be there and be strong for her and her mum.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Send my regards to amy and her mum xoxox
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    "well rory and adz held me down, nuggz grabbed the vaccuum cleaner, while guy was taping it all.

pj was taking photos but they wont be seen for 12mths and steve was in the corner playing with himself"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its heartbreaking to see these type of tragedies happening so close to christmas. I see a lot of aggressive driving in my short 10-15min drive to work, which is through some very congested traffic, and wonder "When will it be their time? When will they slow down?"

It was so unfortunate that an innocent bystander with such kind manners had to cop it from a motorist that wasnt paying attention Click here to enlarge

Thoughts to both the families affected. Also Amy and her mum.
    Last edited by hazrd; 14th November 2011 at 06:59 AM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not to defend anyone or their actions, purely to raise attention, I don't believe the driver to be a bad driver, he simply fell asleep. So many young people will go out for an all night bender, or grab 2 hours of sleep before their retail job, knowing they can get through it, but if any case shows it well, it should be this in showing driving is an even greater responsibility, and people really need to assess just how tired they are before they jump on the road
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good/brave write up Ain and a good heads up for everyone...

I too have been affected in a very similar manner by the results of bad/inappropriate driving, so hopefully incidences like these stay in peoples minds so that they try and take that little bit extra care when on the roads...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information