Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    any of you guys seen a galaxy or super constilation take off. now that is a spectacle.... makes a380s look tiny ahah

i find it funny when australia bought the fa-18s off the yanks they were sold with no software to run them at all.. and there was a massive arguement between aus government and there supplier. Americans claimed it was a matter of national security to not divuldge their software etc etc lets just say rumours in the aviation community are ASIO 'stepped in' Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gman Click here to enlarge
    On a serious note, would have been an amazing sight and sounded incredible!!
    it was odd really, they looked quite messy coming towards us but as the photos show, they were in quite a tight formation.

the sound was only okay because they were flying at close to landing speed. They had quite a bit of positive pitch (nose up) to counter the slow speed.

I regret not going to Riverfire in Brisbane this year where one did a fly-by at close to mach 1. now THAT would have been awesome!
    Old Car 0-100km/h took a friggin long time
    New Car 0-100km/h takes only 5.9sec

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went out to Wellington Point to watch them fly over. Not something you see everyday I must say, but I guess I wasn't awestruck.

Then again I rarely am.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at Highgate Hill and they flew directly overhead - my stupid camera died before I could take a video though Click here to enlarge was pretty amazing, but nowhere near as cool as the F-111 at river fire.

As someone who is endorsed on: C172, C182, C206, C210, and an 8KCAB, its extremely depressing to watch these guys go 'slowly' past haha

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nick_sixx Click here to enlarge
    I was at Highgate Hill and they flew directly overhead - my stupid camera died before I could take a video though Click here to enlarge was pretty amazing, but nowhere near as cool as the F-111 at river fire.

As someone who is endorsed on: C172, C182, C206, C210, and an 8KCAB, its extremely depressing to watch these guys go 'slowly' past haha
    8KCAB fun plane Click here to enlarge also a cessna man here Click here to enlarge soon to be flying a c337 for coast watch over the summer perhaps
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    8KCAB fun plane Click here to enlarge also a cessna man here Click here to enlarge soon to be flying a c337 for coast watch over the summer perhaps
    Haha Cessna's are so boring - I want to fly an RV7 or a Waco. Good luck man, I tried for about 6 months to try and find a job on a Caravan but couldn't find anything that didn't mean moving interstate. BAck at uni doing finance now for a change of scenery

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information