Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    The G only ever came in a 3door or vert with the turbo motor. Click here to enlarge
    incorrect O/S aswell got a wagon

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by gmonkey; 26th September 2011 at 06:39 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My two cents, a three door is crap for kids. Getting the kids in and out of the nurb is painful, not to mention having the kids climb over the seats to get out. It was easier getting the kids in the 5 door barina than in the 3 door. Next car will NOT be a 3 door
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    "well rory and adz held me down, nuggz grabbed the vaccuum cleaner, while guy was taping it all.

pj was taking photos but they wont be seen for 12mths and steve was in the corner playing with himself"

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Milesy Click here to enlarge
    My other car is an SSV Redline Sportwagon and this is our main family car. Surely you would struggle to use an Astra (even a 5 door) as your main family car. It's just too small!
    The obsession Australians have with getting a "big" car as soon as kids come into the picture is subject matter for another thread. Families in Europe get along fine with hatchbacks - dunno why we go nuts and start buying SUV's/wagons etc *

* disclaimer: yes we do have a CRV - we got it before we had kids. Now our toddler is 2.5 and the second one has just arrived - I can confidently say a Golf hatch for me and Golf wagon for her is enough. For the 1% of times we need to have a big car like the CRV we could just rent a Commo wagon for a week or whatever - the savings in running costs driving around an economical 4 cylinder the rest of the time can justify spending 500 bucks on renting a bigger car when you need it.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    yum - so would love that.
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    The obsession Australians have with getting a "big" car as soon as kids come into the picture is subject matter for another thread. Families in Europe get along fine with hatchbacks - dunno why we go nuts and start buying SUV's/wagons etc *

* disclaimer: yes we do have a CRV - we got it before we had kids. Now our toddler is 2.5 and the second one has just arrived - I can confidently say a Golf hatch for me and Golf wagon for her is enough. For the 1% of times we need to have a big car like the CRV we could just rent a Commo wagon for a week or whatever - the savings in running costs driving around an economical 4 cylinder the rest of the time can justify spending 500 bucks on renting a bigger car when you need it.
    Each to their own I guess but when my first came along I made the big change from an SSV sedan to an SSV Redline wagon, so I have always driven big cars regardless of kids. To me when it comes to the car I drive I will not compromise for anything/anyone. I guess it's lucky my wife can drive a manual otherwise she'd be walking ;-)
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

White MY13 Astra OPC

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    fair enough. Having gone from an old commo -> Veccy -> WRX -> Passat and using Dad's various commo's over the years - I just prefer smaller/mid size cars in terms of driving experience.

Hence why a turbo 5 door Astra would be perfect for me - I know that I can get a GTI in 5 door and its a great handler etc etc - but its ...... a Golf *yawn*

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of an OPC wagon because the new Astra wagon is a pretty good looking chariot so maybe they can wave the OPC wand over that! I guess time will tell
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

White MY13 Astra OPC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    That looks tuff and the Z20LET equipped Zafira was/is a real sleeper LOL Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Milesy Click here to enlarge
    I like the idea of an OPC wagon because the new Astra wagon is a pretty good looking chariot so maybe they can wave the OPC wand over that! I guess time will tell
    I hope they wave the OPC wand over the new AJ vert as well...although wishful thinking is more likely the case Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2002_XC Click here to enlarge
    My two cents, a three door is crap for kids. Getting the kids in and out of the nurb is painful, not to mention having the kids climb over the seats to get out. It was easier getting the kids in the 5 door barina than in the 3 door. Next car will NOT be a 3 door
    Why, are you buying it? Click here to enlarge
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information