Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im with VW being vanilla and boring in styling always have been.... When the mk5 and mk6 looked almost exactly the same bar some headlights and a bit of plastic here and there = vanilla to me... Theyre following suit of porsche it seems in keeping the "iconic" shape, but to me the golf shape hasnt been iconic since MK1 and got well and truely lost along the way at MK4..

If i were to choose a hot hatch cause of styling.. itd still be the Megane RS, the GTC is close to the shape of it but just not as good, might be better in the metal but.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Milesy Click here to enlarge
    Too generic....have you guys had a look at a Golf or any VW lately! When I think of vanilla I think of VW. They are nice but far from exciting.

IMO the new Astra GTC looks fantastic and when you see it in the flesh you will change your mind. I can't wait to order my new Astra OPC when it arrives here late next year!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    ^^ this!
    I hope this happens!
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 Astra G Sedan
    Current Project:
    CarPC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dad went to germany, saw this:
    http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...8MA_59776a.jpg

look way similar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    scirroco looks nothing like what the GTC will look like in the metal, looks much different in the metal/plastic.. scirocco in real life is more like a 3dr stretched fiesta
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Milesy Click here to enlarge
    Value for money is a subjective thing!
    So, so true, it'll be a never ending arguement and/or discussion on that topic, it's most definitely a case of each to their own when it comes to "value for money" spent on cars !!!

As for new Passat, I like it... Click here to enlarge

I also very much like the look of the new upcoming Golf verts, very very nice...

Pity they just didn't discontinue the Eos and make a hard top Golf vert instead, maybe on the Mk7...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Pity they just didn't discontinue the Eos and make a hard top Golf vert instead, maybe on the Mk7...
    Isn't the Eos just a hard top golf anyway?

In principal I prefer soft top convertibles... 4 door hard top convertibles always look odd with the roof up.
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    If i were to choose a hot hatch cause of styling.. itd still be the Megane RS, the GTC is close to the shape of it but just not as good, might be better in the metal but.
    Definately agree

I've seen the Astra GTC show car in the metal and it didn't do much for me (and i owned an AH!!)

The Megane looks awesome i reckon
    Last edited by GreyRex; 19th September 2011 at 05:08 PM.
    2006 Subaru WRX

OpelAus Enthusiast aussie_in_london's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks ok the GTC but its doesn't have the flare factor to it like the H sports hatch did with the exterior body pack and 18's 5 spoke wheels when released back in 05, this looks soft and bloated, it has lost its muscular appearance the previous had and many tried to copy, now its just 'another' hatch in a market that all look much the same.........

Will keep my H opc, that has the flare I am talking about, and the buz factor this misses out on!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    Isn't the Eos just a hard top golf anyway?

In principal I prefer soft top convertibles... 4 door hard top convertibles always look odd with the roof up.
    AFAIK it is John, all the more reason to give it the flick and just continue with a Golf vert now that it has been resurrected Click here to enlarge

I do agree and I too prefer soft top verts, but in my case because I already have one I wouldn't want to have 2 so a as much as I like this new Golf vert it's a no no for me...

I'm guessing the Golf verts will follow the same path as the Audi A3 verts, whatever happens to them configuration wise the Golf will follow suit Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aussie_in_london Click here to enlarge
    It looks ok the GTC but its doesn't have the flare factor to it like the H sports hatch did with the exterior body pack and 18's 5 spoke wheels when released back in 05, this looks soft and bloated, it has lost its muscular appearance the previous had and many tried to copy, now its just 'another' hatch in a market that all look much the same.........

Will keep my H opc, that has the flare I am talking about, and the buz factor this misses out on!
    How about the new upcoming AJ OPC then Click here to enlarge

I'm sure that variant will have the goods the GTC dosn't ATM Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information