Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    The problem is if Opel rely on this, is convincing the existing or past Astra owners that the J is the successor the Holden Astra AH without crapping all over Holden at the same time. If anything, for most of these people, it's only going to be more confusing than anything. As for the Corsa, well only a few of us realise that was once sold here as a Barina. And the Insignia, well although the successor to the Vectra, it's a brand new and unknown name for the local market.

All I can hope is that the media put a positive spin on the Opel models when they arrive here, rather than bag them. Maybe then, they'll have little trouble in hitting that 15k target.

Oh, for that guy who said the new Barina/Kalos/Sonic is getting a new engine, you do realise it's still Daewoo's take on the old X16XE, only with about 7kw more than the old engine? It's not really that new now, is it?

Also, in regards to mentioning warranties earlier on in this post, going to seven year warranties is only more excuse for the dealers to void your warranty where possible. Currently, I believe it's one in every five new vehicles sold goes back to the dealer for warranty repairs with the current five year warranties now on the market. Don't believe me that the dealers are out to void your warranty where they can? How's this, I miss a service by about 5000km on my Hyundai iLoad van and I do the bottom end in. It's not covered by warranty because I didn't service it properly, yet the dealer told me I could get my service done at 15000km intervals and not the 7500 that they recommend. Five grand later and all I can say is, that new car warranties mean stuff all these days.
    mitsubishi have 5/10 warranty, have heard of hayman reese towbar voiding warranty, as its an 'unauthorised chassis extentsion'
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear Chris, but if you serviced it as per logbook schedule, they would have covered it.

Even though it prob wasn't a factor, they gotta draw the line somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Thread Information