Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shay Click here to enlarge
    As i said before, it was part of the deal with the BBC to get rights to play TG UK, they had to make a TG Aus otherwise they wouldnt get it...
    That makes no sense to me at all. (and who are 'they' ?)
    It follows logic that the BBC would insist as a part of the rights/licence/contract that the UK Top Gear continue to be shown alongside TGA, not the other way around.
    btw, if you look at some of the other crud that TGA's production co have been churning out (freehand productions), it's no surprise it's gone down the gurgler.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 Astra G Sedan
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabel Click here to enlarge
    TV Channels seem to be good at only having one idea and then trying to fool the public by milking the heck out of it.
    Hit the nail on the head there mate Click here to enlarge I don't know how they get away with it to be honest, most shows are a blatant rip off of something else. At least Top Gear Australia is part of the bigger Top Gear picture, or was anyway...

Ah well life goes on Click here to enlarge
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo
    Matte Black V Grille & Badge / Matte Black Boot Strip / Dark Tint
    / 19" Matte Black Tenzo Cuzco Wheel's / VXR Honeycomb Grille's / Sharkfin Mini Aerial / VXR Indicator Surrounds / Eibach Pro Kit / Whiteline RARB / Whiteline Camber & Castor Adjusments / EDS IPF Stage 1 Remap / Cobra 2.75" Decat

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by michael_sa Click here to enlarge
    That makes no sense to me at all. (and who are 'they' ?)
    It follows logic that the BBC would insist as a part of the rights/licence/contract that the UK Top Gear continue to be shown alongside TGA, not the other way around.
    btw, if you look at some of the other crud that TGA's production co have been churning out (freehand productions), it's no surprise it's gone down the gurgler.
    They is channel 9...

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/09/...australia.html
    Producing Aussie episodes was always part of the deal Nine had with the BBC’s rights holders.
    part of the deal was obviously to expand the brand, its not that hard to comprehend...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabel Click here to enlarge
    Not surprised.
    TV Channels seem to be good at only having one idea and then trying to fool the public by milking the heck out of it.

E.G CSI,NCIS,Got Talent,The Voice,Farmer Wants A Ho,,The Block,The Renovators etc etc etc
    F.F.S
    Try and do something original and then try for another original idea.
    Well said.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you look at the broadcasting history of all 3 of these TGUK guys and their experience with other facets of presentations and programs etc, then to expect the TGA to jump in and have a simialr feel to the TGUK blokes is purely a dream. given the very limited car range as was mentioned previously and very very minimal production budget in comparison teamed with flash in the pan presenters. i would have a better chance starting my own F1 team on a 100k a year budget. its hard to give them credit for giving it a go because when faced with the facts maybe it was doomed form the start. redlining a lambo on cold start does little to win the presenters competency in the car field , for starters. just screams idiot.

seemed like a good idea at the time, then reality kicked in.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i liked the 3 hosts at the end... ?ewen? was my favourite just seemed to have a natural humour that wasnt forced like the other 2 so much
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    i liked the 3 hosts at the end... ?ewen? was my favourite just seemed to have a natural humour that wasnt forced like the other 2 so much
    Ewen page should not be in front of a camera. He was not comfortable in front of it.

Sent from the MAGI.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watched Mighty Car Mods on the 'tube? Am I just completely off the mark or would it be an interesting idea to give the MCM boys a mainstream TV gig? Yeah I know they're obsessed with bloody Japanese cars but they seem like a couple of genuinely interesting guys who are more real than most TV presenters.

Thread Information