Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Milesy Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully it will be here inside 18 months. Fingers crossed!

I disagree about needing a 5 door. If that is what you are after then you are not the target market for this vehicle. If you want a practical family car buy a SS sportwagon. To me if it's not a 3 door then it's not a hot hatch
    We are talking small hot hatches... not large sedan/wagons Click here to enlarge

Australians like 5 door hatches - even in their hot hatch ranges. The 5 door GTI/R far outsells the 3 door.
    Last edited by poita; 21st September 2011 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    We are talking small hot hatches... not large sedan/wagons Click here to enlarge

Australians like 5 door hatches - even in their hot hatch ranges. The 5 door GTI/R far outsells the 3 door.

thats also down to the delivery times on 3drs being rediculous 15months+
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good, but don't really see the point of it all...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Front wheel drive ? If I had the money, that alone would put me off

Sent from the Darky-Rom

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    Huh? They both come from the same factory. In general, Australians aren't interested in 3 door hatches

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of sales figures, there is no doubt that if you are after style a 3 door is the only option.

For me I have my SSV Redline Sportwagon as my family car and my SRi-T as my fun car. When I look for a hot hatch it must be 3 door and manual -no boring flappy paddle DSG gearboxes that take all the fun and skill out of driving! Each to their own but thats my opinion anyway and besides if the majority prefer 5 doors the even more reason to get a 3 door so you have something different!
    Last edited by Milesy; 19th September 2011 at 10:36 PM.
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

White MY13 Astra OPC

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sell VW can tell you the wait for 3dr GTI is definitely not 15 months. Probably max of 6 months is more so the case.
    3 doors are harder to get in GTI because dealers don't keep them in stock because they don't sell!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In Perth when I was in the market I was quoted near 15month wait.. Same with polo gti new... Wasn't the r32 golf 3dr only? And that sold out quick

Find it funny though that the demand for a 3dr xr5 was soo high and everyone who bought the 5dr wanted ford Aus to bring it over in non rs spec. :P

I don't see the point to a 5dr sports hatch, the idea is for it to look good! If something is to look good u must loose practicality, I don't sit in the rear seat ever so being 3dr don't bother me. People like Uneeq manage to use there 3dr with two baby seats in the back more than fine Click here to enlarge so IMO 5dr is over rated and not needed
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Perth when I was in the market I was quoted near 15month wait.. Same with polo gti new... Wasn't the r32 golf 3dr only? And that sold out quick

Find it funny though that the demand for a 3dr xr5 was soo high and everyone who bought the 5dr wanted ford Aus to bring it over in non rs spec. :P

I don't see the point to a 5dr sports hatch, the idea is for it to look good! If something is to look good u must loose practicality, I don't sit in the rear seat ever so being 3dr don't bother me. People like Uneeq manage to use there 3dr with two baby seats in the back more than fine Click here to enlarge so IMO 5dr is over rated and not needed
    Interesting on thr wait period, in my experience it came down to the respective Euro company production cycle...

When I was in the market and for a Polo Gti earlier this year (January) I was told if I purchased there and then, it would arrive in June or July, so a 5-6 month wait as per Red AH SRIT's timing Click here to enlarge

However if I left it to March, I wouldn't recieve delivery until end of this year because it would be produced after mid year if ordering after March, BMW, Audi and MB will be a similar thing, depending on when the production run is relative to when you order, you may be lucky and be waiting as little as 2 months or unlucky and waiting as long as 7 months or more...

Waiting periods of beyond 12 months are unusual, I know a guy with an AMG on order from back in July and will have to wait till April next year to take delivery but that's because he has 'designo' options on that vehicle and they only do those production batches once a year...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R32 was 3 and 5 door... mostly sold as a 5 door.
    XR5 was 5 door only here except for the RS (3 door everywhere). The RS didn't sell out as fast as expected.

Golf R was supposed to be 5 door only... then bitching and moaning VW forums by "potential" customers got VW to bring in the 3 door. This has now been dropped. I am not sure that it sold in any great % numbers than the relationship between the 3 and 5 door GTI.

Polo GTI was 3 door only in previous model and sold in only minor numbers. New model comes in 3 and 5 door (more 5 doors imported than 3 doors) and the sales have exploded.

The fact is that for THIS market if you can't provide a 5 door model your sales will go nowhere.
    Last edited by rjastra; 20th September 2011 at 02:25 PM.

Thread Information