Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant Drache Mithal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NZSHAKER Click here to enlarge
    I was thinking the same thing...just had a quick look on ebay and http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tamperpro...item588c38d360 this looks the goods
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/35pcs-all...item1e624e3428 - looks pretty decent Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've decided that I'll def be needing some torx stuff - I'm surprised really that no-one's mentioned it already Click here to enlarge
    Anyway, will check out my parts place tomorrow and see if they have a kit with in'ies and out'ies. Might get one of those smaller torx tools as well, I actually already have the exact same (blue) one as linked to above, but it lives in my work van, so it'd be good to have a separate one just for the car.
    Other than torx drives/sockets I guess I'll play it by ear and buy whatever size spanners and sockets as the need arises - always had jap cars previously, so only ever really needed 8/10/12/14/17/19mm stuff and have never worried about forking out for a full tool-kit when I know I wouldn't need most of it.

Thanks for all the replies, but I'm still wondering where the blower-vac might go - (two stroke auxilliary forced induction maybe...?)
    - maybe in vac mode, hooked up to the exhaust... hmmm, got me thinkin' now... Click here to enlarge

Michael

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    get an opcom too, will be the cheapest and probably the most valuable tool in your kit.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    get an opcom too, will be the cheapest and probably the most valuable tool in your kit.
    Yeah briefly read about them, I'm still playing catch-up on exactly what that'll achieve for me - total noob here but hey I'm on the (learning) curve ;-)
    Presume it plugs into the OBD connector - and I don't even know where that is yet in the G. (Though I'd guess it's near the bonnet release somewhere)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Michael

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by michael_sa Click here to enlarge
    Yeah briefly read about them, I'm still playing catch-up on exactly what that'll achieve for me - total noob here but hey I'm on the (learning) curve ;-)
    Presume it plugs into the OBD connector - and I don't even know where that is yet in the G. (Though I'd guess it's near the bonnet release somewhere)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Michael
    Its under the handbrake (plastic in between the handbrake and gearbox sections)..sharp blunt object to lift it out. +1 OP-COM. Good luck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by phatmax Click here to enlarge
    Its under the handbrake (plastic in between the handbrake and gearbox sections)..sharp blunt object to lift it out. +1 OP-COM. Good luck.
    Cheers for that, I woulda found it eventually - I used to install a lot of HF/VHF/UHF communications gear and 'phone kits into cars, so I'm pretty used to pulling them apart - never worked on an Astra though.

Michael.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMaz Click here to enlarge
    Brenton you missed you're most important...

Hammer.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    fuk yes... Hammer.. astras ALWAYS need the persuader
    The technical term is a "mechanical impact tapometer".... Click here to enlarge
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Thread Information