Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a thought... maybe a boost controller would be good in case you want to turn the boost down, it's not all about turning it up! hahaha

i.e. low boost for cruising/letting mates drive etc

two packages that are meant to be excellent are the HDI boost gauge and controller combo and the almighty Turbosmart eboost2 (with your choice of gauge)

just a thought
    '03 Arden Turbo "Tegan"
    '15 Fiesta ST "Tiffany"

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzino Click here to enlarge
    just a thought... maybe a boost controller would be good in case you want to turn the boost down, it's not all about turning it up! hahaha

i.e. low boost for cruising/letting mates drive etc

two packages that are meant to be excellent are the HDI boost gauge and controller combo and the almighty Turbosmart eboost2 (with your choice of gauge)

just a thought
    If i was to choose out of those 2, i'd go the eboost 2 and as you said, have a standard boost and low boost option, pretty much what Gav had setup on his car.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzino Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nurb608 Click here to enlarge
    have a standard boost and low boost option
    *LIKE* Strong argument for the controller option Click here to enlarge
    What Now?
    GONE: Deep Sky 2012 (MY13) Opel AS Astra
    GONE: Arden Blue 2013 (MY13) Opel PJ Astra GTC OPC
    SOLD: Black Sapphire 2006 (MY06.5) Holden AH Astra SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the eboost2, like Rory said I have low/high boost function which I use. It has so many other features which I don't use. It also dbls as a boost gauge!
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    todd how can you stand so firmly behind boost controllers when yours has never run good with one on?

the AH ecu is very finnicky, granted i cant confirm or deny whether the EDS IPF will stop this, but is it worth the risk of having a car that will go into limp all the time?
    all for adding the controllers on the lower tech G's tho... they work well from what ive seen and read.

max boost (on overboost) of the VXR turbo is about 22psi
    20psi gauge should be enough, if your often sitting above 20, that turbo will be fried soon.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UNEEQ Click here to enlarge
    *LIKE* Strong argument for the controller option Click here to enlarge
    That's what the sports button is for on the H lol
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nurb608 Click here to enlarge
    That's what the sports button is for on the H lol
    Ha ha good sheet Click here to enlarge
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo
    Matte Black V Grille & Badge / Matte Black Boot Strip / Dark Tint
    / 19" Matte Black Tenzo Cuzco Wheel's / VXR Honeycomb Grille's / Sharkfin Mini Aerial / VXR Indicator Surrounds / Eibach Pro Kit / Whiteline RARB / Whiteline Camber & Castor Adjusments / EDS IPF Stage 1 Remap / Cobra 2.75" Decat

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shay Click here to enlarge
    todd how can you stand so firmly behind boost controllers when yours has never run good with one on?
    The only reason mine doesn't run fine is because I've been obsessed with pushing it beyond the maximum parameters of the map. If I left it sitting down on 9-10PSI, there would be no problem what-so-ever, which is still a good gain on stock 6PSI. At this setting, I never got limp mode... ever.

The IPF will change the map, and thus the boost and the maximum parameters again, which will give a higher boost threshold still. So let's say stage 1 gives 10PSI with a max of 14 (as opposed to 6 and 10), then so long as one doesn't try to set their boost beyond 13-14, they will be fine.

Adjusting the actuator is no different (well,... let's save that debate for another day) than using the boost controller, except that I can jump out of the cabin, pop the hood, and turn the boost down or up as desired for day to day driving to work and back, or on the weekend and I can remember how many turns & clicks for my preferred settings. If I were to do that with the actuator, I would need tools, and I wouldn't be able to acurately measure where I need it set to.

Regardless of arguement, I maintain that it is because of my own insatiability for increased boost that I have had the troubles that I have.

Oh, and not all the maps put normal mode at 6psi and the sports mode at 21 Rory Click here to enlarge
    What Now?
    GONE: Deep Sky 2012 (MY13) Opel AS Astra
    GONE: Arden Blue 2013 (MY13) Opel PJ Astra GTC OPC
    SOLD: Black Sapphire 2006 (MY06.5) Holden AH Astra SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would recommend an ebc too. Am using the e-boost street myself and have no problems whatsoever. As long as it's set lower than the parameters of the map. The advantage that I've noticed is that it's better in controlling the actuator holding boost than the original system through the ecu. You set it to for instance 18 psi and it'll stay on 18 psi till redline (obviously with an upgraded actuator). They are a bit more expensive but I think it's worth it ...........and they look good too.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UNEEQ Click here to enlarge
    Oh, and not all the maps put normal mode at 6psi and the sports mode at 21 Rory Click here to enlarge
    You can't set an EBC lower than the break off pressure of the actuator which is about 10psi on the vxr turbo Click here to enlarge My top end boost is only 18.

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information