Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Boost Controller / Guage question from a n00b :D

With the imminent arrival of my EDS IPF unit I am in the market for a manual boost controller / boost gauge set up so I can get some more of this BOOST I hear so much about Click here to enlarge

Are there any brands in particular I should go for?

And as far as installation goes are they pretty straight forward to put in?

I wouldn't mind one of those sweet looking pillar set ups, are they all DIY or can you buy them ready made?

Cheers guys Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Last edited by jamesfrancis; 23rd August 2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes duh!!!
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo
    Matte Black V Grille & Badge / Matte Black Boot Strip / Dark Tint
    / 19" Matte Black Tenzo Cuzco Wheel's / VXR Honeycomb Grille's / Sharkfin Mini Aerial / VXR Indicator Surrounds / Eibach Pro Kit / Whiteline RARB / Whiteline Camber & Castor Adjusments / EDS IPF Stage 1 Remap / Cobra 2.75" Decat

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate just get a boost gauage your boost goes up with the tunes so no need for it and todd has had issues with it before brands for the gauge auto meter and defi are some of the top ones and fittment i can help with that
    Click here to enlargeMatt Black Astra SRi Turbo Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boorny88 Click here to enlarge
    haha guy is alwyas available for me haha
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Opinions are like assholes.....everyone has one and they're all full of shit...Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate just get a boost gauage your boost goes up with the tunes so no need for it and todd has had issues with it before brands for the gauge auto meter and defi are some of the top ones and fittment i can help with that
    Cheers mate thanks for the info! I will check those brands out right now Click here to enlarge That would b great if you could help me out man, muchos gracias senor Click here to enlarge
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo
    / 19" Matte Black Tenzo Cuzco Wheel's / VXR Honeycomb Grille's / Sharkfin Mini Aerial / VXR Indicator Surrounds / Eibach Pro Kit / Whiteline RARB / Whiteline Camber & Castor Adjusments / EDS IPF Stage 1 Remap / Cobra 2.75" Decat

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As matty said, just go mucking around with the boost, you can only adjust it as far as the map allows you to anyway which you can do via the actuator.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so now I am super confused ha ha! I thought I could just pick one and buy it and that was that but it doesn't seem so straight forward...

I like these, Auto Meter Nexus Series, can I just buy the boost gauge or do I need anything else to get it to work?

Thanks again guys Click here to enlarge
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jamesfrancis Click here to enlarge
    Okay so now I am super confused ha ha! I thought I could just pick one and buy it and that was that but it doesn't seem so straight forward...

I like these, Auto Meter Nexus Series, can I just buy the boost gauge or do I need anything else to get it to work?

Thanks again guys Click here to enlarge
    You need the control module as well Click here to enlarge That's the set of gauges I run in my car, bloody awesome, fully programmable and can record. If you decide to go down that route, there is a good eBay store that ive got parts for that system from.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nurb608 Click here to enlarge
    You need the control module as well Click here to enlarge That's the set of gauges I run in my car, bloody awesome, fully programmable and can record. If you decide to go down that route, there is a good eBay store that ive got parts for that system from.
    How much did you pay (if you don't mind me asking) for your set up Nurb? They look awesome, do you have any pic's of yours in your car?

Sidenote - your build number, 608, is also the number of my hotel room where me and my mates stayed 3 years ago, and it was nicknames Sick08 ha ha Click here to enlarge
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The boost controller makes it quicker to play and get the level right, you don't have to play with the actuator, but once the actuator is set, it's set, no more playing. Not really that hard.

The map probably isn't going to run the boost at the upper limit allowed so if you do want to get the most out of it, some trial and error will be required Click here to enlarge

As far as the gauge, I have one that shows me boost AND vacuum rather than just boost. I'd go for one with 30PSI if you are serious about stage 3, otherwise, 20PSI should do!

The ones you have linked are electric, so you will need parts to connect it. The one I have is mechanical, so still needs connection, but it's one hose straight into the FPR hose rather than the hose going from there to the kit, then electronic to the gauge and needing +ve and -ve connections.

I've done my own mounts. Yes you can get pre-made pillars, but this is personal preference. I prefer the metal cups and the mounts rather than the fibreglass moulded ones Click here to enlarge

More than happy to help you with fitting these things too mate! Click here to enlarge
    What Now?
    GONE: Deep Sky 2012 (MY13) Opel AS Astra
    GONE: Arden Blue 2013 (MY13) Opel PJ Astra GTC OPC
    SOLD: Black Sapphire 2006 (MY06.5) Holden AH Astra SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jamesfrancis Click here to enlarge
    How much did you pay (if you don't mind me asking) for your set up Nurb? They look awesome, do you have any pic's of yours in your car?

Sidenote - your build number, 608, is also the number of my hotel room where me and my mates stayed 3 years ago, and it was nicknames Sick08 ha ha Click here to enlarge
    I actually got mine second hand so cant compare. There should be some pics in my cars build thread. They are very accurate and very easy to install. I run boost, oil pressure, water temp and Air/Fuel.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Electronic peice of piss did my cheap ass one haha take a bit of time bt just get the power from te cig lighter and done i got proper boost vaccum hose too
    Click here to enlargeMatt Black Astra SRi Turbo Click here to enlarge
    haha guy is alwyas available for me haha
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Opinions are like assholes.....everyone has one and they're all full of shit...Click here to enlarge

Thread Information