Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the kit takes an 80mm MAF, this isn't so much of a train smash as some others would make out. Mark (from Courtenay's) came up with a ripper of an idea. Place a section of 70mm hose over your existing 70mm MAF just to the edge of the plastic, and sleeve that into the 80mm kit hose, then clamp. This will allow you to have the kit prepared for the 80mm upgrade when you are ready, but make use of the CDTi Air Box in the now.

That said, I agree with what everyone else has mentioned. Handling and Clutch need to be the focus now. As with myself, I have the LSD, so that's part of handling done, but I need a RARB, castor/camber kits and an upgraded clutch, so I'll be doing the flywheel at the same time since the benefits in getting all the gearbox out of the way at the same time are significant (cost saving wise), then I can focus on the next stages.

I also have the boost controller, so I can ensure stage 1 gives me a decent amount of boost, that will hopfully hold (will probably still only use 1bar) to the end of the rev-range. When you flash without a controller, you may only find that it's set to 10PSI, for example, as some people may not want to run their maps right at the very leading edge of the acceptable perameters.
    Last edited by UNEEQ; 22nd August 2011 at 10:54 PM.
    What Now?
    GONE: Deep Sky 2012 (MY13) Opel AS Astra
    GONE: Arden Blue 2013 (MY13) Opel PJ Astra GTC OPC
    SOLD: Black Sapphire 2006 (MY06.5) Holden AH Astra SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jamesfrancis Click here to enlarge

But for now I will look into a handling package! I checked out the Whiteline website and found all the bits you guys suggested, so will look into ordering them over the next few weeks Click here to enlarge
    Talk to Greg (GSLRallysport - see his link under Forum sponsor) as he can supply Whiteline components. He is most helpful.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jamesfrancis Click here to enlarge
    And LSD so I have been told ha ha! Not a cheap interest really is it lol Click here to enlarge
    My clutch gave up right after the first remap. Put a Sachs one in and never had any problems since.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Enthusiast lonewolf1983's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    mine went whilst testing stage II on the dyno, its hit and miss when they start getting old how long they will hold.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UNEEQ Click here to enlarge
    If the kit takes an 80mm MAF, this isn't so much of a train smash as some others would make out. Mark (from Courtenay's) came up with a ripper of an idea. Place a section of 70mm hose over your existing 70mm MAF just to the edge of the plastic, and sleeve that into the 80mm kit hose, then clamp. This will allow you to have the kit prepared for the 80mm upgrade when you are ready, but make use of the CDTi Air Box in the now.
    Sounds like a pretty good idea to me!!! Will look into it more once my chassis is sorted Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    My clutch gave up right after the first remap. Put a Sachs one in and never had any problems since.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lonewolf1983 Click here to enlarge
    mine went whilst testing stage II on the dyno, its hit and miss when they start getting old how long they will hold.
    My car is a 2008 so am I right in thinking I will get a while out of my clutch before it needs doing? I am usually a very relaxed driver (however I get easily provoked by shitty rice burners and have to show them who is boss Click here to enlarge) so don't really hammer it very often. Plan on doing the LSD / clutch / flywheel once funds permit!
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo
    Matte Black V Grille & Badge / Matte Black Boot Strip / Dark Tint
    / 19" Matte Black Tenzo Cuzco Wheel's / VXR Honeycomb Grille's / Sharkfin Mini Aerial / VXR Indicator Surrounds / Eibach Pro Kit / Whiteline RARB / Whiteline Camber & Castor Adjusments / EDS IPF Stage 1 Remap / Cobra 2.75" Decat

Thread Information