16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It be 70 and 80 mm mate so u cn use either go on txautosport.co.uk
    Click here to enlargeMatt Black Astra SRi Turbo Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boorny88 Click here to enlarge
    haha guy is alwyas available for me haha
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Opinions are like assholes.....everyone has one and they're all full of shit...Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had another look into that Roose Motorsport airbox and it appears that it is an 80mm outlet... I will need to get hold of an 80mm AFM to get everything fitted tho right? EDS IPF unit will be on its way next week hopefully so don't have to worry about ECU remap to run everything properly Click here to enlarge
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo
    Matte Black V Grille & Badge / Matte Black Boot Strip / Dark Tint
    / 19" Matte Black Tenzo Cuzco Wheel's / VXR Honeycomb Grille's / Sharkfin Mini Aerial / VXR Indicator Surrounds / Eibach Pro Kit / Whiteline RARB / Whiteline Camber & Castor Adjusments / EDS IPF Stage 1 Remap / Cobra 2.75" Decat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jamesfrancis Click here to enlarge
    Had another look into that Roose Motorsport airbox and it appears that it is an 80mm outlet... I will need to get hold of an 80mm AFM to get everything fitted tho right? EDS IPF unit will be on its way next week hopefully so don't have to worry about ECU remap to run everything properly Click here to enlarge
    I'd give Roose a call to confirm the hose size before committing to buy. In using an 80mm AFM, EDS assume you will also have fitted a VXR (Z20LEH) turbo, injectors, a larger intercooler and probably a sport exhaust. The most powerful map that comes with your initial EDS IPF purchase for the SRi-T (Z20LER) is as follows:

Phase 3: 300PS 450NM LEH-TURBO-INJ-LMM-INTERCOOLER.

LMM is an abbreviation for Luftmassenmesser (German for AFM). As far as I know, it is the only map of those that are included with your IPF purchase that copes with the 80mm AFM because it changes the voltage scale for that AFM. The 70mm AFM uses a different scale.

Before getting into serious power upgrades, I'd concentrate on improving the handling of your car. That is, a Whiteline RARB, Whiteline adjustable front caster and camber bushes, Eibach Pro or DAPr springs and Whiteline rear camber/toe plates. With these mods fitted the car will handle much better and will be more fun to drive.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hoss Click here to enlarge
    I'd give Roose a call to confirm the hose size before committing to buy. In using an 80mm AFM, EDS assume you will also have fitted a VXR (Z20LEH) turbo, injectors, a larger intercooler and probably a sport exhaust. The most powerful map that comes with your initial EDS IPF purchase for the SRi-T (Z20LER) is as follows:

Phase 3: 300PS 450NM LEH-TURBO-INJ-LMM-INTERCOOLER.

LMM is an abbreviation for Luftmassenmesser (German for AFM). As far as I know, it is the only map of those that are included with your IPF purchase that copes with the 80mm AFM because it changes the voltage scale for that AFM. The 70mm AFM uses a different scale.

Before getting into serious power upgrades, I'd concentrate on improving the handling of your car. That is, a Whiteline RARB, Whiteline adjustable front caster and camber bushes, Eibach Pro or DAPr springs and Whiteline rear camber/toe plates. With these mods fitted the car will handle much better and will be more fun to drive.
    Yeah sorting the handling out is my next priority however I do fancy one of the cdti airbox kits in the near future as well... So am I correct in saying having the 80mm outlet is pretty much useless until the car is up to stage 3 to accomodate the different voltage for the AFM? If so would it b best to grab the 70mm outlet one and then mod it if or when I get to stage 3?

Thanks for the advice mate Click here to enlarge
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo
    / 19" Matte Black Tenzo Cuzco Wheel's / VXR Honeycomb Grille's / Sharkfin Mini Aerial / VXR Indicator Surrounds / Eibach Pro Kit / Whiteline RARB / Whiteline Camber & Castor Adjusments / EDS IPF Stage 1 Remap / Cobra 2.75" Decat

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah sorting the handling out is my next priority however I do fancy one of the cdti airbox kits in the near future as well... So am I correct in saying having the 80mm outlet is pretty much useless until the car is up to stage 3 to accomodate the different voltage for the AFM? If so would it b best to grab the 70mm outlet one and then mod it if or when I get to stage 3?

and you might want to start saving for a new clutch too.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    and you might want to start saving for a new clutch too.
    And LSD so I have been told ha ha! Not a cheap interest really is it lol Click here to enlarge
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your assumption is correct regarding the 80mm AFM. Before buying a CDTi box I'd wait until you get your EDS IPF and have a look at the available maps. The idea is that the car's hardware needs to align with the hardware requirement of the maps, eg an intercooler. Once you have a look at the maps you could talk over any issues or necessary upgrades with the your IPF seller.

Dutchy makes a good point about the clutch. The clutch in the Z20LER isn't as robust as the clutch in the VXR, so it may start to slip. However, another Z20LER owner on here is running an EDS Stage 2 map and I haven't read that they are having any clutch problems - I'm thinking Milesy. That said, my clutch started to slip so I upgraded.
    Last edited by Hoss; 22nd August 2011 at 08:13 PM.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your assumption is correct regarding the 80mm AFM. Before buying a CDTi box I'd wait until you get your EDS IPF and have a look at the available maps. The idea is that the car's hardware needs to align with the hardware requirement of the maps, eg an intercooler. Once you have a look at the maps you could talk over any issues or necessary upgrades with the your IPF seller.

Dutchy makes a good point about the clutch. The clutch in the Z20LER isn't as robust as the clutch in the VXR, so it may start to slip. However, another Z20LER owner on here is running an EDS Stage 2 map and I haven't read that they are having any clutch problems - I'm thinking Milesy. That said, my clutch started to slip so I upgraded.
    Cheers for the info mate Click here to enlarge

Just paid the balance on my IPF unit a few minutes ago, so hopefully it will be shipped tomorrow and then a week or so until it arrives and I can check out the maps! However I may need your (and everybody else's!) help to work out what all the maps are ha ha Click here to enlarge

But for now I will look into a handling package! I checked out the Whiteline website and found all the bits you guys suggested, so will look into ordering them over the next few weeks Click here to enlarge
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Mania may be running the same EDS Stage II software on his SriT.
    Although he does have an LSD.
    But he also has a Whiteline RARB and castor/camber kit and a set of OEM VXR springs I sold him.

He is in Perth so you may be able to check with him James.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabel Click here to enlarge
    I think Mania may be running the same EDS Stage II software on his SriT.
    Although he does have an LSD.
    But he also has a Whiteline RARB and castor/camber kit and a set of OEM VXR springs I sold him.

He is in Perth so you may be able to check with him James.
    Thanks Kabel will send him a PM and pick his brains ha ha Click here to enlarge

You guys are all so helpful, I wouldn't have a clue if it was not for all your info so many thanks!
    2008 Astra SRi 2.0 Turbo

Thread Information