Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bloodnok Click here to enlarge
    IIRC the wording was "above 80km/h", but as there aren't any 80km/h limit multi-lane roads I travel on anyway I didn't really care when reading the rules whether 80 was in or out - so you could well be right on that one. I know 90 is definitely a "stay left" and 70 is definitely "no requirement to stay left unless signed".

And as far as sitting in the right lane goes - if you're happy for people to pass you on the left, then I don't see sitting in the right hand lane as an issue on the kind of roads we're talking about. Multi-lane roads with speed limits in this range are generally peppered with traffic lights, roundabouts, side turnings and filter lanes - and if you're looking for a right hand turn, sticking to the right hand lane seems like a good idea. Click here to enlarge I try to move left anyway unless I know I'll be turning right within a few sets of lights. But then again, I don't particularly like people sneaking up on my left hand side Click here to enlarge
    just checked it again and worked out where I got it from, only read half of it but yeah, you're right its 90km or more

Keeping left

On single-lane roads, drivers must stay as close as practical to the left side of the road.
    When the speed limit is 90 km/h or more on multi-lane roads, you must not drive in the right-hand lane unless you are:

• overtaking
    • turning right
    • making a U-turn
    • avoiding an obstacle
    • driving in congested traffic.

It is an offence to drive in the right lane if none of the above criteria are occurring.
    This rule also applies to a road with a speed limit of 80 km/h or less, if there is a KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING sign.
    Drivers are allowed to overtake on the left on all multi-lane roads.
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as well, they get rid of some...and put up new ones instead.
    I think this was predicted...but yeh.
    Seeing a few more pop up around Sydney.
    Can't remember specific location but there was a new one near Petersham going towards Newtown.
    M4 entrance from Silverwater road they put an extra one.
    And more...

Thread Information