Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Drache Mithal Click here to enlarge
    Haven't got access to a steam cleaner, do have access to a wetvac though. Might give that a crack if i can't get it out by hand.
    Boiling water + detergent... Just wet the carpet first, apply enuff detergent to make it sudsy like (use a nylon brush to deep clean), then pour small amounts of boiling water as ur sucking it up, use a kettle or similar.

How big is the oily patch?? like half the boot or just a small section?
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -
    To Do's - Re-paint console, FMIC!! WASH!!!!! Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant Drache Mithal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah not new carpet, but was still in good nick until the spill! It spilled in the rear passenger side carpet, not a big spill but it managed to spread grrr... Gonna grab the wetvac tonight and skip the hand wash, hopefully i can get it out before it stinks out the car!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    boiling water and dishwashing liquid. You want the oil to come loose and dishwashing liquid will do that. Soak it and then use the wetvac. Good luck.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Participant Drache Mithal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Over the weekend I tried the dishwashing (blast brand), scrubber & boiling water method in the car with wetvac... and nothing! Refused to budge, instead it made a nice creamy paste on my carpet.

So for the heck of it i grabbed my block of Solvol soap, gave that a good scrub in with scrubber and very warm (not boiling) water..... and hey presto! All gone Click here to enlarge No remnants, no stains, nothing! Even gave the carpet a nice smell Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Drache Mithal; 1st August 2011 at 01:40 PM.

OpelAus Enthusiast Feelinlucky75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome... I love it when little things like that work. Click here to enlarge

Thread Information