Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899 LastLast
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    It's also the small settings I can't be bothered doing again. I.e. WiFi, Bluetooth, bookmarks, passwords
    all those should be linked to your google account. I didn't have to setup any of those when i changed from my s3 to s4.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit of a Bump.. I got my replacement Nexus 5.. it was pretty straight forward. Most things were transferred, however it would have been nice if the Wifi passwords and also SMS's would have been backed up/restored.

Not available in Australia yet, but the OnePlus One will make the Nexus 5 seem expensive!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2457951,00.asp
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My wifi details and sms's are backed up to my google account
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder where I went wrong. It backed up most things. Not a big deal but would have been nice.

The other thing was bookmarks and app settings.

However overall, not too painful.

The customer service by Google is great, receive new phone, send faulty phone back. I've heard of horror stories with getting phones repaired by Samsung.
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gotta say, up until recently I was happy with running jamal2367's Google Play Edition 4.4.4 ROM on my Galaxy S4 I9505G. Then it started nagging me about updating to 5.0.0, so I went and found the latest 5.0.0 GPE ROM from danvdh (as jamal2367 has apparently stopped development on the S4). After a couple of days so far, it seems okay and stable as, battery consumption is about the same if not better. The bad? The interface has changed dramatically and I'm still finding it awkward to get used to everything. I see the advantages in it, but I am also seeing a little bit of lag in some apps. A bug? Possibly. More or less I am starting to think the S4 may be out of it's depth when it comes to Android 5.0.0.

The other thing, Tapatalk. Seriously can't the developers just leave the app how it was? I am not liking this new interface at all.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So here I was yesterday morning, trying to do stuff on the S4 and I think the screen has locked up, so I reboot the phone and try again, can't get past the lock screen and digitizer is totally unresponsive. Next thing, I just lost my temper with the damn thing and I threw across the cabin of the van and this happened:

Click here to enlarge

Well, it wasn't working anyway, yet I could still make calls through SYNC in the van, but I needed another phone pronto. Ended up switching from Virgin Mobile to Optus (They gave me a $200 credit towards paying out my VM contract, which helps). Was looking at either the Note 4 or Galaxy S5, but it dawned on me: Samsung really is becoming the Apple of Android phones. They're getting pricier and they're not really differing much from earlier models. Note Edge kinda looks cool with the curved screen, but I don't see a practical use for it and not for what they're asking for one. Ended up going with the Sony Xperia Z3 as it looks a little more durable than the Samsung phones. The interface feels rather nice too and the speaker is actually loud when the volumes cranked (which I like, as I usually like to be able to hear my phone ring. It's running stock Android 4.4.4 at the moment, but I'm happy to leave it where it is for now. I think 5.0.x still has a lot of bugs that need to be sorted.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy it! I'm loving my experia z3 compact. Once you get used to the little differences between Samsung and Sony which doesn't take long it's awesome to use
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jen Click here to enlarge
    Enjoy it! I'm loving my experia z3 compact. Once you get used to the little differences between Samsung and Sony which doesn't take long it's awesome to use
    also got that xperia and its a cracker of a phone with reasonable battery life too.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Got Ora the z3 compact. I love it. Awesome phone.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Thread Information