Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899 LastLast
    OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope. Got a total usage of 8 hours yesterday from a full charge. Have factory reset the phone and spent most of last night putting everything back on. Seems to be a bit better this morning on wifi - but lost about 10% of charge while on the cell network on the way to work.

Trying to restore all my SMS back on it too but that's not working. Haven't lost them as they are on my gmail account, but would prefer them on the phone.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I use smsbackup+ Pete, backs them up to a folder in Gmail. Also does call logs.

Pretty sure it has a restore function too
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    I use smsbackup+ Pete, backs them up to a folder in Gmail. Also does call logs.

Pretty sure it has a restore function too
    Thats what I use as well and it has worked several times when restoring, but no go this time around. Not sure maybe theres an issue with kitkat.....

Still going, and its been a good 2 hours now, and still nothing is appearing in my messages app.
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I use smsbackup+ aswell. Had all sorts of issues restoring SMS from my SGS2 to my SGS3-4G. Had the same issues restoring them from Jen's SGS2 to her S4M. It's almost like they have changed something in the software and its not performing as well as it used to
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well that was the 3rd attempt to restore the sms's and it has failed.

I seriously considering going back to 4.3 - Gsam battery monitor also doesnt work anymore, apparently google has stopped 3rd party developers from accessing battery info.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There will be hacks for that eventually
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge

Better, but still concerned about that bit right at the start where phone was on normal tested data and not logged into wifi.

Might turn wifi off and see what happens.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Meh...
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge

Much better.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite impressive.

What did you turn off?

I find Google play services chews quite a bit, and of course the large screen of the nexus 5.

I'd take a screen shot but the phone won't let me now (power + volume down).
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Thread Information