Page 79 of 99 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does your mum need the 32 gig version ? Then buy the base one. Had a play with a nexus and found it great and very snappy.... And speaking of snappy, now that I have the supernexus 2.0 rom on my S3 it's lightning. Best I've had yet. Basically stock 4.2.2 for the nexus Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone - have cleaned up the last few pages of this thread about all the network operator discussion to this thread.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    To be honest, I'm not that impressed with the S4's specs, apart from having a larger battery. If it's got decent battery life, then I might be interested in replacing the S2 with one.

The HTC One looks the goods, but not being able to fit an SD card in and a non-removable battery is kind of a deal breaker for me.
    I've never really understood the importance of a replaceable battery? Particularly now where you can charge your phone pretty much anywhere and everywhere. I'd much rather have a solidly-built phone than a cheap plastic flap on the back

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nick_sixx Click here to enlarge
    I've never really understood the importance of a replaceable battery? Particularly now where you can charge your phone pretty much anywhere and everywhere. I'd much rather have a solidly-built phone than a cheap plastic flap on the back
    for the shitbox rally i'll have 3 batteries with me for my phone. I won't be able to charge it every night. so I'll have ample battery life without having to worry about finding a power point or if car charger dies.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    also if you are heavy user of the phone it might mean that the battery may wear out before your contract is up for instance, or you want to upgrade the battery to something more substantial. Of course we live in a disposable society these days so the counter argument to that is - get a new phone.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    for the shitbox rally i'll have 3 batteries with me for my phone. I won't be able to charge it every night. so I'll have ample battery life without having to worry about finding a power point or if car charger dies.
    Just get a solar charger haha

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ain, hows the Xperia Z ? noticed you mentioned having one ?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my HTC One the other day. The difference between this and my last flagship android phone (SGS2) is absolutely night and day.

Android has definitely come a long way in the past 18 months or so. I always praised apple for it's stability of it's OS, but the 1.7ghz processor on this phone seems to be doing wonders in preventing FCs.

The physical dimentions of the phone are perfect for me (I find 5" screens to be just a tad on the large size) and the build quality is fantastic. Sense 5 is actually really good, and I love every feature except blinkfeed, which I currently just have set up to display facebook and only one news service feed.

Camera is better than I was expecting, and the screen has fantastic colour reproduction as well as deeper blacks and whiter whites than it's Sony/apple counterparts.

Would highly recommend this phone to anyone at all. Definitely my favourite Android device ever.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep agreed, had a play the other day and it looks and feels great with seemingly excellent build quality. although the lack of expandable memory and smaller screen and the fact the S4 is more widely supported with Devs makes it a no no for me.

I'm now on a 4.7" screen S3 so going to an S4 which has smaller dimensions but a larger screen, expandable memory and larger battery was the winner for me. Only problem now is to get a hold of one!!!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IMG the S3 is ugly and the S4 is no better. HTC One is in another league. Samsung will spend billions again on advertising and will sell shitloads of phones but they're still ugly. Samsung is the new Apple it seems.
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

Thread Information