Page 12 of 99 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MAD-16V Click here to enlarge
    Love my xperia arc - Does everything I want, Is fast enough for me ( I dont game on it so dual core is useless ) - I was tossing up between the Optimus Black too - But the arc kills it - I cant believe Benzino you think the black has a better screen? - No way.

Has a great dev community behind it too - Getting standard sony roms to update it is easy.
    I suppose it is considerably better with a 1.4ghz cpu than my 1ghz cpu and the dual core helps with gaming, yes but im talking about general speed of the phone, in and around menu's, apps and settings. My biggest gripe with my galaxy S is that access to the phone or caller menu is that its to slow to respond(the most important part of the phone) same applies for taking a picture....more often than not, ive lost my oppurtunity because im waiting for this thing to load. The GSII for eg, is lightning !

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ice Click here to enlarge
    I suppose it is considerably better with a 1.4ghz cpu than my 1ghz cpu and the dual core helps with gaming,
    are you talking about the sgs2 or the arc s?

and yes, the blacks screen shat on the arc
    the arc was dull and colourless and the black was super bright and vibrant
    I think it even looks better than AMOLED

Also the black has 2gb internal and the arc only has 320mb, which is absolutely crazy for a new "smart phone"

each to their own, I just can't see how you say that the arc "kills it", if anything they both have features that refine them and subtract from them and are actually quite equal
    we could both argue till we're blue in the face about the merits of both of our phones; lets save that energy for apple fanbois instead, aye?

(btw, The Arc does NOT have dual core... it is 1ghz and then in the arc S they OC to 1.4ghz)
    '03 Arden Turbo "Tegan"
    '15 Fiesta ST "Tiffany"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember saying the Arc had dual core.. Anyway the arc you viewed was most likely in low power mode ( Makes the screen very dark ) - The 2 phones have the exact same pixel density at 233px - But the arc has a slightly higher resolution and uses an led lit panel instead of the blacks panel wich I believe isn't led lit - making the arc naturally brighter.

The 320mb internal storage is only used for messages / contacts etc - You don't need any more than that considering the phone comes with a 16gb sd - also the optimus black only has 1gb of that 2gb available for use.
    Last edited by MAD-16V; 3rd January 2012 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was talking about the arc S and its 1.4ghz cpu. and yes the arc specs do look very miserly but hey if MAD16V is happy with the speed then thats all that matters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day I make phone calls and take photos mainly for facebook / internet forums - And for that purpose it's fine.

I actually used the HDMI out on it the other day - sending text messages on a 40 inch tv is quite amusing Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MAD-16V Click here to enlarge
    I don't remember saying the Arc had dual core.. Anyway the arc you viewed was most likely in low power mode ( Makes the screen very dark ) - The 2 phones have the exact same pixel density at 233px - But the arc has a slightly higher resolution and uses an led lit panel instead of the blacks panel wich I believe isn't led lit - making the arc naturally brighter.

The 320mb internal storage is only used for messages / contacts etc - You don't need any more than that considering the phone comes with a 16gb sd - also the optimus black only has 1gb of that 2gb available for use.

you didn't say it was dual core, ICE did

so do you store all your apps on SD?
    '03 Arden Turbo "Tegan"
    '15 Fiesta ST "Tiffany"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The majority of larger apps allow for sd card install - It's not like im going to try and install Adobe After Effects or something on my phone Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    lol its a nerd fight

Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I meant the dual core for the galaxy S, i know the Arc and Arc S dont have dual core. Lovely phone by the way....the Arc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is anyone running ICS on any of their devices? - I can get an alpha rom for the arc - But it's not very stable atm.

Thread Information