Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Astra Blasphemy

OpelAus Enthusiast Feelinlucky75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup... Although I haven't let her anywhere near a traffic light yet... Thinking I might just get her the forester she wants in auto... Lol.. then I can play with my car a bit more...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad my girlfriend can drive manuals.. I get sleepy on long drives and she really came handy when we drove to Sydney last year..

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Silver 03 SRi T -derestricted 2.2 airbox;total closure;ECU remap (EDS Stage 2 - 260 ps);breather box;Angel Eyes;Veccy Intake Scoop;FMIC;Inlet Cam;3"TBE;82 degrees thermostat;VXR Turbo;short shift;Team HEKO Wind Deflectors;Eibach Pro Kit;Whiteline RARB;Slotted Rotors with RDA Extreme Pads

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coffee, redbull and regular pee breaks for me... I'm used to being up for 24-36hrs at a time... Security work tends to do that...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think its more the boredom that gets me.. on the way there on new England highway, I had fun and barely needed to rest but on the way back going along the coast man I couldn't stay awake.. I think she drove mostly all the way till coffs harbour and I drove from there..

So yeah a girl with a manual license sure is handy..

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Silver 03 SRi T -derestricted 2.2 airbox;total closure;ECU remap (EDS Stage 2 - 260 ps);breather box;Angel Eyes;Veccy Intake Scoop;FMIC;Inlet Cam;3"TBE;82 degrees thermostat;VXR Turbo;short shift;Team HEKO Wind Deflectors;Eibach Pro Kit;Whiteline RARB;Slotted Rotors with RDA Extreme Pads

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup sure would be... Especially when we go out with mates... I kinda get sick of being deso... Lol..
    Deg gonna get her an auto in the not too distant future...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Therein lies your problem. You have nothing to prove to anyone, if you friends think your car is a girl's car, that's their problem. You know what it is capable of. And if one day you happen to take them for a drive through the twisties you can show them, but trying to show them around suburban streets just puts too many people in danger.
    You're happy with your car, who cares what they think Click here to enlarge
    + 1 Agree !

I know you've already answered Ains' point here, but really at the end of the day your dealing with idiots or people just being idiots...

On that note, here's a saying I always use: Never argue with an idiot, they'll only pull you down to their level and beat you with experience...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love the astra for its go kart handling. put a few mates to shame when we went out picton way once. heaps of people mention its a girls car. i tell them it isnt because its got 19s and is usually quicker than most other p plater cars.

depending on how they tell me its a girls car i usually go yes your mum loved it last night or something along those lines
    you can live in a car but cant race a house

Current: 1979 Chrysler Lancer Hatch & 2007 Holden ve Commodore SSV
    past: 2002 SRi Astra & 1985 Holden vk Berlina

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let the car do the talking and simply agree with them. I get it often, especially when at the track.

The look of surprise when I cruise past usually gets a retraction afterwards Click here to enlarge
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

I live in my own little world...but it's ok, they know me here...
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Feelinlucky75 Click here to enlarge
    What is it with girls that they can't drive manuals hey?... Me and my best mate are trying to teach our gf's... My clutch is getting a bit of a thrashing... It's like the just can't coordinate 3 pedals, a stick and the wheel at the same time... Downshifts are the worst for them at the moment...
    I drive a manual...I learned how to drive on a manual...my parents ensured that both my sisters and I could, since if you can drive a manual, you can drive an auto, but if you can only drive an auto, you're pretty much ****ed...

Besides, I love the times when some dickhead in an auto thinks that I'm driving a slow piece of crap (usually in the Astra, but a couple of times in the Veccy), and then I not only beat them at the lights, but I change the gears so quickly that I'm a fair distance ahead by the time we both hit the speed limit...they then usually speed to overtake...pussies...
    3. Not allowed to threaten anyone with black magic.
    4. Not allowed to challenge anyone's disbelief of black magic by asking for hair.
    If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's awesome to see girls driving well especially when its a decent car... I was just trying to point out that it is sometimes a little bit more difficult for girls to coordinate hands and feet together...

Thread Information