Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Astra Blasphemy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Therein lies your problem. You have nothing to prove to anyone, if you friends think your car is a girl's car, that's their problem. You know what it is capable of. And if one day you happen to take them for a drive through the twisties you can show them, but trying to show them around suburban streets just puts too many people in danger.
    You're happy with your car, who cares what they think Click here to enlarge
    i dont care what they think i just dont like it when they feel so high and mighty about what they say so enjoy bringing them back down to earth :P

AND just to clear up incase it sounded this way, i wouldnt show anyone around suburban streets. iv never tried to race someone and dont plan on it. im just a little quicker then afew INSIDE the speedlimit if that makes sense...
    It's pronounced DEV-O as the plates suggest. Not DEE-VO. Click here to enlarge My Car

I live in my own little world...but it's ok, they know me here...
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Devo Click here to enlarge
    Yeah if its his girlfriends... thats ok... but otherwise that is odd. i feel so silly when i see some chick get into a V8 beside me though... its like mmmmm awkward :S theres nothing wrong with chicks driving cars liek that.... just not side by side to me haha
    Hmmm....I know what I'm like driving the Vectra B (it's a V6), apparently I'm not afraid of the pedals, and will throw it around somewhat...but get me into the Astra G (just the 1.8), and I'm a bloody hoon...I throw it around corners constantly, and at times put the bigger cars to shame...

...God only knows what I'd be like driving a V8...or worse yet, an SRI-T... Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Wraecca; 20th July 2011 at 06:45 PM.
    3. Not allowed to threaten anyone with black magic.
    4. Not allowed to challenge anyone's disbelief of black magic by asking for hair.
    If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraecca Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm....I know what I'm like driving the Vectra B (it's a V6), apparently I'm not afraid of the pedals, and will throw it around somewhat...but get me into the Astra G (just the 1.8), and I'm a bloody hoon...I throw it around corners constantly, and at times put the bigger cars to shame...

...God only knows what I'd be like driving a V8...or worse yet, an SRI-T... Click here to enlarge
    thats what im hearing. it seems to be really known for its "Go-Kart like abilities"
    It's pronounced DEV-O as the plates suggest. Not DEE-VO. Click here to enlarge My Car

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm....I know what I'm like driving the Vectra B (it's a V6), apparently I'm not afraid of the pedals, and will throw it around somewhat...but get me into the Astra G (just the 1.8), and I'm a bloody hoon...
    Yeah - the Vec isn't really a twisties kind of car. I've no doubt something can be done about that, but I pitched it into a roundabout this morning like I had the Astra the previous day, and got understeer. No hint of anything remotely like that in the Astra the previous day, at much the same speed...

I live in my own little world...but it's ok, they know me here...
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit, now I've been looking for an SRI-T on carsales.com.au...and I've found one I want, not too far away, and not too expensive...

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=10556060&keywords=&trecs=19&__ sid=12FF42CE6448&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0||pC ar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Mode l_String|0&__Qpb=1&__Nne=15&SearchAction=N&seot=1& __N=1216%201282%204294965856%204294965857%201622%2 04294766528%204294921535&silo=1011

...if only I had $7200 lying around...either that or they'd accept a straight swap for the Astra...highly unlikely though Click here to enlarge
    3. Not allowed to threaten anyone with black magic.
    4. Not allowed to challenge anyone's disbelief of black magic by asking for hair.
    If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit, now I've been looking for an SRI-T on carsales.com.au...and I've found one I want, not too far away, and not too expensive...

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=10556060&keywords=&trecs=19&__ sid=12FF42CE6448&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0||pC ar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Mode l_String|0&__Qpb=1&__Nne=15&SearchAction=N&seot=1& __N=1216%201282%204294965856%204294965857%201622%2 04294766528%204294921535&silo=1011

...if only I had $7200 lying around...either that or they'd accept a straight swap for the Astra...highly unlikely though Click here to enlarge
    looks good to! Im gonna make a list down the bottom under the orginal comment of some good comebacks so far also.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "aren't astras for girls?"

to be honest, if i could replace it, then i would.
    Astra TS CD

running stock (for the moment)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lately alot of the girls i meet at the clubs / pubs tease me with " i have a astra too! " "its a girls car"
    honest it happens heaps, they all have standard tho

ive just been going with mines a manual, you cant drive manual lol

OpelAus Enthusiast Feelinlucky75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stance Click here to enlarge
    Lately alot of the girls i meet at the clubs / pubs tease me with " i have a astra too! " "its a girls car"
    honest it happens heaps, they all have standard tho

ive just been going with mines a manual, you cant drive manual lol
    What is it with girls that they can't drive manuals hey?... Me and my best mate are trying to teach our gf's... My clutch is getting a bit of a thrashing... It's like the just can't coordinate 3 pedals, a stick and the wheel at the same time... Downshifts are the worst for them at the moment...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Feelinlucky75 Click here to enlarge
    It's like the just can't coordinate 3 pedals, a stick and the wheel at the same time... Downshifts are the worst for them at the moment...
    The other one people learning a manual after driving an auto always seem to get wrong is "remembering to push the clutch down when stopping"...

(Oh, and also "Don't hold it on the footbrake with the car in gear and the clutch down when waiting at the traffic lights - put the handbrake on, go into neutral and let the clutch up. That causes less clutch wear.")
    Last edited by Bloodnok; 21st July 2011 at 09:55 AM.

Thread Information