Thread: Smash and grab

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smash and grab

Daughter came home from work today in the early hours of the morning (2:00am) and parked her car in front of our gates in the drive way. Later some ars* hole came by and smashed the drivers door glass and went through the car and only stole a $7.20 led torch (better that than the entire car) !!!
    I must admit that on a cold winters I like to be tucked in bed night so what's wrong with these wankers/sh*t heads/pr*cks roaming the streets during this time ???
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Enthusiast Feelinlucky75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not good... I was in wollongong with some mates the other day, we where away from the car for about half an hour, when we came back a van for a local homeless children's charity had been broken into about 4 parking spots away... They stole $5 worth of packet chips... The guy who was running the van said they would.not be running it that night and now the kids would go cold and hungry because of someone's stupidity.. I hate thieves...

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    no good dude.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that sucks mate, a mates car was broken into at lacrosse training the other nite, used a screw driver to jam the keyhole n pry it open didnt take a thing, car next to it was open with bout 150 in cash on the front seat... how much it a new window going to set you back?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My old car was sitting on my front lawn and some complete c*** smashed my rear window and stole NOTHING. Cost an arm and a leg for the new window and tint.... Still makes me angry thinking about it.
    Last edited by Dahlia; 8th July 2011 at 09:39 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 Astra G Sedan
    Current Project:
    CarPC

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were lucky in that the insurance will cover it without hitting the daughters excess etc. The window guys said the pr*ck used a screw drver and wedged it at the top of the door between the glass and the rubber as you can see a slight gouge out of the rubber. Supposedly doing this the glass breaks with very little sound.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All too common occurance, especially in public car parks...

Usually though, these scum only bother if something's visible in the car for them to take.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They might be jealous, desperate, bored, whatever...it's still wrong!

With broken glass, please do make sure the people fixing it are taking out the bits of glass that are stuck inside the gap where the wound-down glass usually goes in. Those offering the cheapest quotes usually won't bother doing this. Failure to do so may lead to moulding due to the blockage of the rainwater channels within the doors, and in the long term, may even lead to the door rusting!
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by J Click here to enlarge
    They might be jealous, desperate, bored, whatever...it's still wrong!

With broken glass, please do make sure the people fixing it are taking out the bits of glass that are stuck inside the gap where the wound-down glass usually goes in. Those offering the cheapest quotes usually won't bother doing this. Failure to do so may lead to moulding due to the blockage of the rainwater channels within the doors, and in the long term, may even lead to the door rusting!
    When the glass guy replaced my rear window, he snapped up the remaining window, causing glass to brake all on my parcel tray, inside my 6x9 speakers, inside my boot and all over the driveway. He then walked accross (dropping glass everywhere) and dumped it in our otto bin. We ended up ringing him back and complaining saying he better come back here and sweep our driveway and pay for the replacement of all our tyres that have driven over the mess he left (didn't actually happen but it was the principle haha)
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 Astra G Sedan
    Current Project:
    CarPC

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it amazes me to go to a carpark and see all the gps's left on the windscreen

i feel like stealing them just to make people realise how stupid they are
    '03 Arden Turbo "Tegan"
    '15 Fiesta ST "Tiffany"

Thread Information