Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Info on TS Astra Turbo

Hey All...

Thinking of buying an TS Astra Turbo...can anyone tell me pro's and con's...

Nick...
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Nick.

Have a browse through the astra turbo section of the forum and you will find lots of info in there.

Just remember with any used car make sure you get it inspected professionally.

The astra turbos are a great car and brilliant value for money.

Best of luck.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate, had mine for a good year now and I have absolutely no complaints. Car is quick, comfortable and unique.

Can't go wrong really.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brc Click here to enlarge
    mate, had mine for a good year now and I have absolutely no complaints. Car is quick, comfortable and unique.

Can't go wrong really.
    +1.

Have mine for 7 years now and can't really fault it. Obviously increasing it's power will also increase wear and tear. As long as it's been serviced right and on time, you'll be fine.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    +2

Love mine, never be able to part with it!! Click here to enlarge

Sent from........
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + 3

Had my TS turbo vert since new for over 8 years now and will never part with it Click here to enlarge

BUT seeing your buying 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th hand - DEFINITELY do as Guy has mentioned and get it thoroughly and professionally checked out 1st before buying one, no matter what the ask price is or how good it looks to you from just a visual inspection !!!

Truth be told, alot of these have been mechanically mucked about with and thrashed, so make sure you score one that's mechanically sound...

If you do find one in excellent condition, it'll definitely make you very happy with your choice of owning a TS turbo Astra Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would of got a TS turbo if it wasn't a problem with me being on my p plates.
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 Astra G Sedan
    Current Project:
    CarPC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dahlia Click here to enlarge
    I would of got a TS turbo if it wasn't a problem with me being on my p plates.
    Just hang in there and wait, time flies Click here to enlarge

You may end up with something else by then, who knows...

But in any case if your seeking a turbo or any other performance orientated used car which in the majority of cases will no doubt have had a harder life, as said already make sure you get it thoroughly checked out, you don't want to end up with someone elses problems or a ticking time bomb...

Unless of course someone wants to work on and mod it anyway Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast Keep'emRunning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..I remember all the ads I called up about that stated one female owner & everytime a guy answered the phone telling me how quick the car was and how good it went on boost Click here to enlarge Yeah ok thanks *click*

So def pays to get an inspection, especially now turbos are such an affordable car for younger drivers.

And factor in costs for more frequent (5000k) servicing, and running on premium all the time....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Keep'emRunning Click here to enlarge
    ..I remember all the ads I called up about that stated one female owner & everytime a guy answered the phone telling me how quick the car was and how good it went on boost Click here to enlarge Yeah ok thanks *click*

So def pays to get an inspection, especially now turbos are such an affordable car for younger drivers.

And factor in costs for more frequent (5000k) servicing, and running on premium all the time....
    Hahahaha LOL, yes the common 1 previous female owner trick or old Sunday driver couple previous owner thing on adverts is totally bogus, seen so many of those myself... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information