Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    That was along the lines of my thinking when I posted earlier...

Obviously it's a case of this person being able to and wanting to do such a project and I'm sure we'd all like to see the finished results, but IMO it's still a waste of the original car whichever way you look at it Click here to enlarge
    The owner has a modified road version as well. When you consider that other teams competing make a stock or even slightly modified r35 seem slow you need to heavily modify one to be in the running which he is doing.

Not a waste of a car at all. IMHO a car that sits and only gets driven once in a blue moon is a waste.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    The owner has a modified road version as well. When you consider that other teams competing make a stock or even slightly modified r35 seem slow you need to heavily modify one to be in the running which he is doing.

Not a waste of a car at all. IMHO a car that sits and only gets driven once in a blue moon is a waste.
    That's fair enough, as said if he is able to and wanting to do it, it's he's perogative...

Good to see he's got others handy as well Click here to enlarge

BTW cars driven once a blue moon arn't necessarily a waste, they give great joy when the occaision arises - not sure if you were refering to myself ?? but for me it's a case of having multiple cars so it's enevitable that they can't be always or regurlarly driven anyway...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BTW cars driven once a blue moon arn't necessarily a waste, they give great joy when the occaision arises - not sure if you were refering to myself ?? but for me it's a case of having multiple cars so it's enevitable that they can't be always or regurlarly driven anyway...
    I will whole heartedly agree with this Click here to enlarge
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gman Click here to enlarge
    I will whole heartedly agree with this Click here to enlarge
    Yes in your case, one of your pride n joys is stowed away whilst your in another Country...

Think someone was just trying to have a dig at me Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Think someone was just trying to have a dig at me Click here to enlarge
    wasn't having a dig mate.

i've known people who buy cars just to keep as a trophy and maybe drive it every now and then. one owner even went as far as to put his ferrari in a plastic bubble while not being used.

but the point of the r35 is not a car to just sit there and admire. it was built by nissan to be driven and knowing their target market they even help out with modifications on it so owners can get what they want out of them.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    wasn't having a dig mate.

i've known people who buy cars just to keep as a trophy and maybe drive it every now and then. one owner even went as far as to put his ferrari in a plastic bubble while not being used.

but the point of the r35 is not a car to just sit there and admire. it was built by nissan to be driven and knowing their target market they even help out with modifications on it so owners can get what they want out of them.
    I know all about the R35...

I'm probably the biggest fan of this car on this forum since its inception, if you check out the original thread on it here from a while ago when it first appeared, you'll see that for yourself Click here to enlarge

I understand the above car being modded for its intended purpose, just still can't accept seeing any R35 castrated like that straight from the assembly line, but as said am happy to know the owner has others as well, good on him...

Oh and my old Calibra used to be stored away in a plastic bubble once upon a time when not in use Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Modding is in our blood Ange! You show me one car on here that isnt modded...dosent mean its a waste, we just like putting our own stamp on it Click here to enlarge
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jens Astra Click here to enlarge

Edit: Scratch that... Lowered Click here to enlarge I can't even leave my missus car alone Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by hazrd; 28th June 2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CNBLU Click here to enlarge
    Modding is in our blood Ange! You show me one car on here that isnt modded...dosent mean its a waste, we just like putting our own stamp on it Click here to enlarge
    Very true, I like modding and customising to ones own unique taste but not to that extent, although I have myself done it before and once was enough...

I stuffed up having done a full work over job on my old LC XU1 Torana where only parts the shell was left original, what I should've done was just use a basic LC 2 door coupe as it would not have been a waste of a perfectly good and intact performance variant, which is now worth a small fortune if your lucky enough to still have one Click here to enlarge

I do realise you can't do the same in the case of the R35, there arn't any lesser variants to play with Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wraecca's Astra. Work done so far: nothing. One OA 3D Sticker and a set of centrecaps awaiting fitting, but so far, nothing. (Was going to say my Vectra, but it has a Total Closure module fitted).

Thread Information