Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decent PC?

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thread cleaned up
    Last edited by Vectracious; 17th June 2011 at 10:29 PM.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it helps, I know these guys are legit. I've bought a pc from these guys before (i actually bought parts and built myself but they do have ready built packages)
    http://www.dcomponline.com.au/productlist.asp?catid=154
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 Astra G Sedan
    Current Project:
    CarPC

OpelAus Participant Drache Mithal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO building your own PC always trumps buying a pre-built one. However it always will end up on how much time & money you have to spare. I usually buy my PC parts from MSY.com.au or ITestate.com.au, they're really well priced and usually will get you everything you need really fast. If buying a pre-built, hit up ebay or graysonline.com.au, they are good for the branded PC's (my wife's HP PC was bought from Graysonline a couple years back for $350, came with vista business & 12 month's warranty).
    Last edited by Drache Mithal; 19th June 2011 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    you'd be better off buying from a 'bigger' company

always wonder how long that 'cheap' computer store around the corner will be there if you have issues
    well i bought my parts off ijk. they were on average a little bit more expensive than msy but there service is excelent. they offer a one year return to base warranty on all purchases. i built my pc myself and they are quite big. one of my ram modules was dodgey. so i took back the kit and they took care of all the waranty issues for me. within two weeks i had a new kit and my problem was sorted.
    you can live in a car but cant race a house

Current: 1979 Chrysler Lancer Hatch & 2007 Holden ve Commodore SSV
    past: 2002 SRi Astra & 1985 Holden vk Berlina

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    been dealing with Dell for quite a while now - never have had any issues with any of the PC's I've bought (laptop and desktop) - probably about 15 all up in the last couple of years.
    same here, even overseas they were quite good, i suppose 1 bad experience can change all that hey Gmonkey, haha

just bought me a dell lappie the other day also. ide say it was better built than a tosh or acer and even HP. Asus are the best imo.

But id go to centrecom, cpl or MSY (all Melbourne based) and have them build one for you if your frightened of the building stage. they also have ready made packages to go, you just need to tell them your looking for a machine on which some gaming can be done.
    Last edited by Ice; 20th June 2011 at 08:08 AM.

Thread Information