Howdy All, I’m a new member and seeking some input with a front seat issue in a 2005 CDXI Vectra. This is my second ZC CDXI, the first one I purchased new when they were first released in 2003. After 180k of mainly trouble free motoring I traded the 2003 model and purchased a second hand 2005 model with 60k on the clock.

The problem is both the driver and passenger front seat cushions in the 2005 model are like sitting on a park bench when compared to the seats in the 2003 model. The driver’s seat especially seems to me to have a lump in it just to the rear of the join in the leather about 150mm back from the front of the seat. It is simply not possible to get comfortable in the seats and long trips are a real trial.

I have been to my local dealer and established that the seat cushion padding is not available as a spare part and that there is no difference in the padding between the 2003 and 2005 model. Next I visited a reputable upholstery business who told me they have never had a CDXI seat apart. They are hesitant to say if they can re-pad the seat cushion and retain the seat heaters as no information seems to be available as to where the element is or if it is separate to the padding or part of the padding.

Does anyone share my view regarding the hardness of the 2005 model seats and if so any comments or input regarding a fix would be appreciated.

Cheers GVR69
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!