Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aussie_in_london Click here to enlarge
    Our corsa VXR has a buyer and will be picking it up on the 26th, bring on Dec lol
    That's excellent, means the previous pride and joy goes to hopefully a good home and helps with the purchase on the new pride and joy...

Enjoy the sleepless nights Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast aussie_in_london's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks mate, not even started the count down yet, still to far away lol

plus have a good trip coming up prior, In Oct we are driving across the US (east to west) so something nice to look forward to on our return : )

As for the Corsa sale, I know the guy buying it and he will sure look after it, a big Vauxhall enthusiast for many years, and he is well happy about the purchase which is a good thing for us, didn't even have to advertise ...........

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Saw the first episode of the new Top Gear UK, ummmmm WOW!!!!
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    impressive hey well for Clarksons standards anyways lol

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drag race

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/...rs3_video.html

Still would take the 1M though. More to a car than just straight line figures

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Drag race

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/...rs3_video.html

Still would take the 1M though. More to a car than just straight line figures
    Comparos like that are always going to polarise opinion, although similarily priced they are 2 very different vehicles to suit different buyers...

In terms of typical everyday use and with typical road conditions where most of the driving is a straight line affair, there's always going to be a massive advantage with AWD, launch control and lightning quick shifting modern auto transmissions over RWD or FWD only and a traditional slower gear changing stick shift...

Out on open roads or for people who fang at strips different story especially for those who prefer rowing through gears the old fashioned way, except for drag racing where all serious drag racers are autos, but that's the straight line thingy again...

Each to their own in the end with whatever they choice they prefer Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    both also recorded poor 1/4mile time, slowest recorded by any magazine but then this is autoexpress lol

my astra is matching or bettering the 2 going by the vid.....

As for the gap, it was and always expected the RS3 to outsprint the 1M with lazy autoshifts and launch control but thats where it ends, anything like a circuit and the 1M shows the RS3 what it is made of, we wont even bother going into the fun factor and drivers experience lol

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/attac...7&d=1308219295

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ621...layer_embedded

Autobild

BMW 1M Audi RS3 Ford Focus RS500
    Performance
    0 - 50 kph 2.0 s 1.5 s 2.5 s
    0 - 100 kph 4.8 s 4.2 s 5.8 s
    0 - 200 kph 17.8 s 17.0 s 19.9 s
    60 - 100 kph 2.3 s 2.2 s 2.7 s
    80 - 120 kph 2.9 s 2.9 s 3.3 s
    Weight 1536 kg 1668 kg 1502 kg
    Weight Distribution F/R 52/48 % 60/40 % 63/37 %
    Braking Distance 100 kph 36.8/34.6 m 33.5/33.0 m 36.9/35.6 m
    Fuel Consumption 10.9 l / 21.6 mpg 10.6 l / 22.2 mpg 11.8 l / 20 mpg
    Conclusion 250 points 248 points 246 points

Quote:
    Verdict
    BMW shows in an impressive way that they're still able to build true sports cars. The RS3 however is too much like a regular A3 - and not a sports car. The Focus RS 500 almost seems like a street-legal rallye car.

On the BMW 1M
    Munich does more than just fitting a big engine as they've built a dedicated sports car. The 1M is quick, sharp, and our winner.

On the Audi RS 3
    If you're looking far a very fast small car for every day use or to show off the Audi is for you. The RS3 shows an amazing grip level, but the tires can't keep up long enough on a track.

On the Focus RS 500
    The Focus RS500 is better than 'also ran' - it's just the best FWD sports car currently on offer. The layout doesn't allow more than third place though.

On Audi RS3's brakes and tires wear
    The Audi's tires show heavy wear and the initially good brakes begin to fade after just one lap on the track [Contidrom Germany]. The culprit is found easily: Its front-biased AWD, the e-diff using the front brakes to simulate a limited slip differential and the car's weight [200kg more over the front axle compared to 1M]. The RS3 isn't a car for the race track.

Click here to enlarge

Autobild has just published a comparison test between the 1M and the Porsche Cayman R equipped with 7-speed PDK. We're happy to share that the 1M won this comparison (besting the Cayman R by 1 point). The 1M coupe performs only slightly worse than the Cayman R, yet it offers better overall comfort and low-end power. All this for roughly EUR 25k less!

1M coupe performance data:
    0-62mph: 4.8s [Porsche 4.6s]
    0-124mph: 17.8s [Porsche 16.4s]
    ContidromTrack time: 1:35.76 [Porsche 1:34.21]

Here are some select quotes from the Autobild comparison:

""M" as in man toy - the 1M's appearance alone seems to confirm that. Understated is something else. Front aprons in Darth Vader style, quad-exhaust and diffuser at the rear, and the massive fender flares catch the eye."

"The 3-litre biturbo inline 6 and its deep bass takes on the Cayman R"

"Unlike the Porsche, the 1M offers plenty of power throughout the whole engine speed range. It outperforms pretty much any Cayman - but not the Cayman R. The weight difference of 128kg (1M: 1536kg - Cayman R: 1408kg) can't be denied, thus the Cayman R is able to walk away easily. The same applies when it comes to cornering, despite the effective LSD in the 1M. The BMW shows more roll and has too much weight over the front axle (52% - Cayman R: 44%)."

Chris Harris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJPJx...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB5UD...embedded#at=55
    Last edited by aussie_in_london; 4th July 2011 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Audi RS3.....I would buy it for my Mrs,
    But I would buy the 1M for myself.
    :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Felicity does not like pansy shift so that would rule out the RS3 for us

manual only in our household by orders of the wife lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice numbers aussie, thanks for sharing Click here to enlarge

BTW I was so looking forward to seeing the 1M in the metal at A.I.M.S but it was a no show by BMW Click here to enlarge

I'll keep popping by BMW dealers to hopefully get to check one out soon Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information