Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Excellent choice !!!

I've been following the development of this 1 series variant over the last 18 months or so Click here to enlarge

100 only are destined for Australia...

Pity BMW have not included a DCT option on this variant - popular opinion suggests that because it already kicks M3 butt, no need to make it even more emabarassing for big brother Click here to enlarge

There's a good reason why there is no M1 with a DCT....it's a real sports car for people who can actually drive!

While no one will dispute the technical benefits of the DCT, its boring. Good on BMW for preferencing the manual. We all need to push manufacturers to make manuals otherwise we run the risk of them disappearing altogether (ie VW not offering a manual on the Polo GTi)
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

White MY13 Astra OPC

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Milesy Click here to enlarge
    There's a good reason why there is no M1 with a DCT....it's a real sports car for people who can actually drive!

While no one will dispute the technical benefits of the DCT, its boring. Good on BMW for preferencing the manual. We all need to push manufacturers to make manuals otherwise we run the risk of them disappearing altogether (ie VW not offering a manual on the Polo GTi)
    This is where i would press the 'LIKE' button!!

So true!!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*Pushes like button and +1's this statement.*
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Enthusiast aussie_in_london's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150% Totally agree mate

We took a 135i DCT for a test drive in April and Flik got out afterwards and said that is boring, nice car but needs to be a manual so the 1M suited her likes straight away and a long 6 months wait to go lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    im guessing theyre not doing the open to public testing like last year and incident with a civic type r

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
    that was a interesting test drive or should that be crash test lol

the Thu is the moving car show but not sure on the test drives or crash testing
    Last edited by aussie_in_london; 14th June 2011 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each to their own with trans choice, I have driven and loved the drive in the current DCT 135i...

Havn't tried or probably be able to ever try the M3 but I do know it's even better with the calibrations on that iteration of the DCT Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheOperator Click here to enlarge
    To me 110K is a bit rich i think for what it is, especially if you tick a few options and include dealer and govt costs starts getting closer to 130K Click here to enlarge

That being the case puts it right inline with new Pov spec M3 and if buying BMW i know what i would be buying Click here to enlarge

Biased i know, but 130K buys this Click here to enlarge:

Click here to enlarge
    Suppose all cars in this category are a bit rich Click here to enlarge

Love your choice above there Operator, have been researching the new C class coupe lately and apparently it has it all over the current 3 series coupe models, apparently the new C250 CDI coupe is a better driving/handling car than any current 3 series, but the new Beemers arn't too far off maybe they'll step up the ante again... Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our corsa VXR has a buyer and will be picking it up on the 26th, bring on Dec lol

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge yet Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep its a bit like that lol

Thread Information