Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The plot thickens......

Here's a copy of the Email correspondance I've had with NiceDeals.....

"The above item has been delivered to the correct address but with multiple fractures and cracks in the fibreglass. I believe this is related to the sub-standard packaging of the item. Please see attached photos of the damage and inadequate packaging.

I would like to request a full refund from NiceDeals.co.uk to cover the cost of damages sustained during shipping. I believe this will be a significantly cheaper solution to paying for return shipping, replacing the damaged bar with a new one and re-shipping it to Australia.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss this matter further."

"hi,
    GRP is very easy to repair using some GRP paste as part of prep work prior to respray."

That's it.....nothing more what-so-ever. So I wrote back;

"While it may be an easy fix, it has been quoted at an additional $400AUD to repair the front bar. An amount that no one expects to pay when receiving what should be a brand new, ready-to-fit item. An amount that NiceDeals.co.uk should not expect a customer of theirs to pay, considering the damage is a direct result of inadequate packaging of an item know to be brittle and fragile.

I once again kindly request that NiceDeals.co.uk to cover the costs of the repairs by refunding the full amount of the transaction being £272.00.

I hope we can come to an agreement soon."

If this continues, who do I take it to? My girlfriend had the idea of contacting the ACCC and asking them who their equivalent authority is in the UK. Makes sense, but are there any other ideas?
    Last edited by JMZ; 12th June 2011 at 11:54 AM.
    Old Car 0-100km/h took a friggin long time
    New Car 0-100km/h takes only 5.9sec

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hate to break this to you, but thats the risk of dealing with overseas sellers.. the ACCC cant do anything (ive tried before, nothing can be done outside Australia)

only thing you can do is tell other forums about your experience with them (i would start with the UK forums as this is where they would get most of their business i assume)
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The UK is version is called trading standards. They will tell you what's available to you and wether or not you can do anything about it and how to go about it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just told that if I get a bumper sent to Australia, I not only pay for postage but I also have to pay other fees to the government for something. Is this true?
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 Astra G Sedan
    Current Project:
    CarPC

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    import duties i would say they mean

only if its over $1k AUD
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    import duties i would say they mean

only if its over $1k AUD
    Apparently my next door neighbor bought a front bumper for his Cruze from the US.
    He got the bumper for $200, I can't remember how much posting was. But he also had to pay the import duties and it took the price up to around $2000.
    He was telling me its not worth buying the bumpers overseas because of the later charges, he thinks it would be better to get a custom bumper made up over here (for my car).
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 Astra G Sedan
    Current Project:
    CarPC

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    he got ripped

I imported my rims from the UK and didn't have to pay a cent from import duties, and they are about $900 AUD
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea the bumper i brought from the uk was only $600 after all charges were applied

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    he got ripped

I imported my rims from the UK and didn't have to pay a cent from import duties, and they are about $900 AUD
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    Yea the bumper i brought from the uk was only $600 after all charges were applied
    This is what I thought... I just don't want to get a bumper sent over here, thinking it's going to cost me $500 and I find out I have to pay import duties. Is there anyway to find this out or are you just unlucky to have to pay for the duties.
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 Astra G Sedan
    Current Project:
    CarPC

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Last edited by poita; 12th June 2011 at 08:54 PM.
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information