OpelAus Participant Greenmeanie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto information needed

I have no experience with vectra auto's Click here to enlarge What I do have is 2 waiting for their engines to be fixed ,The first one 1999 you have to have the ignition on and foot on the brake to move from PARK. This is normal, I know you can lift the lever with a screwdriver and move it. What I am asking is on the earlier 1998 auto it moves without foot on brake procedure. Is there something broken or was the safety thing added to later autos

Question 2 How many types of auto are there that could be in my cars and how do you tell them apart, plate number or something.

Question 3 Do these autos interchange with different motors or are theykept to a single motor.

Do 20 have different autos to the 2.2 and 2.5 and 2.6 V6 Are there a preferred auto to look for.
    Any answers appreciated Thanks Chris Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    When your OPEL serves you LEMONS get the tools out and make it into LEMONADE yum Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just answering your question from experience only, my in-laws have a 2000 Camry that can shift gears when ever you want. No ignition, no foot on brake, u can just slide it down.
    I don't think it's a break. My 88 Camry did that too. Never felt 'safe' though. But probably normal?

I think the auto transmission differs. My old 92 Mazda 626 had different transmissions depending on the 4cyl and the V6.
    They had different code names. Workshop manual probably specifies?

I don't think I gave any proper answers, sorry. But I read this thread and went "ooh! ooh!" *start typing* "ummm...hmm"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only speak for the auto in the Calibra V6 which is of Japanese origin/make...

It had an ID plaque on it with model no's. serial, make etc. that's how I knew it was a Jap box...

Regarding its functioning properly or not you may have to get a good auto work shop to have a look at it to know for sure, the one in my old Cali was actually one of the sweetest auto gearboxes I've ever had...shock but true Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information