Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: The Tyre Thread

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These days I'm sticking to Michelin Pilot Sport 3's.

Excellent tyres in both the wet and dry, and they have a pretty reasonable price and lifespan as well.
    Holden Astra - Opel in disguise.

OpelAus Enthusiast lonewolf1983's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just bought ad08r's for the civic.
    They feel ridiculously sticky - getting a workout on the track in 2 weeks, will post feedback
    Currently: '94 honda civic w/DC2 Type-R conversion - track toy

formerly: '03 Astra Turbo, FMIC, 3" TBE, EDS IPF, quaife LSD, KW coilovers, Wilwood 6pots etc

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A change of wheels for the SRi meant new tyres. So I ordered a set of Kumho KU39s in 205/40R17 from International Tyre Trader at $107 each and $31.20 for shipping. Got my mate to fit them for me and all I can say is WOW. A cheap tyre in this size, low road noise in comparison to the old Sailun Atrezzo ZS and an awesome amount of grip for a cheapish tyre. With a treadwear rating of 280, I'm not expecting these tyres to last forever, but for what I sacrifice in longevity, I feel I'll be getting back in performance.

Okay, so they're no RE002 or AD08s, but at the price I paid for these tyres, I'm not about to complain about them.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile I did get the ado8rs for my new wheels and having had them for just an afternoon, wow is all I can say. The difference was noticeable instantly, more grip and with the lighter wheels the steering is light with a good feel. Haven't noticed very much road noise certainly no more than what I had with the former Kumho KU19s.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Michelin Primacy LC's are still going, 95,000km and counting on the Veccy C CDXi. Starting to get a bit noisier though and do like to spin off the line on a wet Melbourne day but I don't think that's unusual on a V6 FWD. All up, pretty pleased Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A quick blurb on some OE tyres on my new car: Goodyear Eagle F1's

They arent as good as the RE002's I had on my last car, which were bloody awesome. But, they are a close second. Sofar i've clocked 19,000kms on them with one rotation. They have been through most types of driving. Spirited, long distance, heavy braking, light to medium launches, the occasional hard launch. They tend to hold their own quite well through a corner with minimal noise and moderate to maximum grip (depending on road conditions).

From a dealership they are around $300+ lol, but I did find someone who can do them for around the $220 mark (235/45/18). I still have a good 30 to 40 thousand kms on them by the look of the tread wear so thats also a big plus. Ill more than likely look at them again (after looking at the Bridgestones and seeing what I can get them for first)

However, I have heard they may not be the best to use on the track. Differing opinons were had at a happy laps session at Lakeside raceway. Some held rather well, others not so much. Possibly the build date on them, i dont know.
    Last edited by hazrd; 7th April 2014 at 06:48 AM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which F1 are they?

Asymmetric?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Definitely not track worthy, mine started to let go after around 5 laps of Lakeside, which isn't exactly a big track.

Day to day driving they are brilliant though. Very happy with them. Have done just on 3300km now
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    Which F1 are they?

Asymmetric?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Mine are asymmetric 2, so I'm guessing they'd be the same
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Mine are asymmetric 2, so I'm guessing they'd be the same

this
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Thread Information