Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tyre Thread

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Elliot_O Click here to enlarge
    Just ordered the Ku31's from them and fitting them at a local joint, they were trying to charge $150 to fit four tyres... jipped.
    The local will do it for $15 a tyre...
    That sounds a lot better, so you got them from ozzy tyres? How did you get on with them? Good service and fast delivery? Weren't old stock or anything dodgy?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah Ozzy. Not sure, they haven't arrived yet, only ordered them this morning, I'll have to wait until Monday.
    I'd like to think they aren't dodgy... Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Elliot_O Click here to enlarge
    Yeah Ozzy. Not sure, they haven't arrived yet, only ordered them this morning, I'll have to wait until Monday.
    I'd like to think they aren't dodgy... Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure they'd be fine, you can check them out and return them as long as you haven't fitted them yet anyways Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry @Elliot_O for getting back onto this so late...and I'm not sure if it'd still be helpful for me to share this with you...but there were/are enough horror stories regarding Ozzy Tyres floating around, for me to think twice before using them.

Here are some "1 star" reviews. Feel free to have a read:
    http://www.productreview.com.au/p/oz...ting=1#reviews

The web site also said (whether it is true or not!) that:
    "It has come to ProductReview.com.au's attention that Ozzy Tyres have been offering cash rewards for positive reviews. Please take this into consideration when viewing Ozzy Tyres reviews on our site."

Look, there is every chance that Ozzy Tyres have picked up their act since then. But it may be possible that they may still be dodgy to customers who may be less switched on, or appear to need wheels and/or tyres more urgently. I just hope it won't happen to you champ!

[I just chose to quote some prices from Tempe Tyres' eBay site, because they were cheap enough to be a reasonably solid benchmark, but they still do the job properly...at least in my eyes. I have purchased from them twice, and have referred two other friends to them too. Both were happy with their service. So I can definitely recommend them. PM me for more details if you wish.]

Regardless: do keep us posted on how you go Click here to enlarge
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by J Click here to enlarge
    Sorry @Elliot_O for getting back onto this so late...and I'm not sure if it'd still be helpful for me to share this with you...but there were/are enough horror stories regarding Ozzy Tyres floating around, for me to think twice before using them.

Here are some "1 star" reviews. Feel free to have a read:
    http://www.productreview.com.au/p/oz...ting=1#reviews

The web site also said (whether it is true or not!) that:
    "It has come to ProductReview.com.au's attention that Ozzy Tyres have been offering cash rewards for positive reviews. Please take this into consideration when viewing Ozzy Tyres reviews on our site."

Look, there is every chance that Ozzy Tyres have picked up their act since then. But it may be possible that they may still be dodgy to customers who may be less switched on, or appear to need wheels and/or tyres more urgently. I just hope it won't happen to you champ!

[I just chose to quote some prices from Tempe Tyres' eBay site, because they were cheap enough to be a reasonably solid benchmark, but they still do the job properly...at least in my eyes. I have purchased from them twice, and have referred two other friends to them too. Both were happy with their service. So I can definitely recommend them. PM me for more details if you wish.]

Regardless: do keep us posted on how you go Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for that insight @J, I'll definitely think twice before I decide to go with them. Perhaps for the little extra price it may be worth going with someone else, my only other suggestion might be St. George Tyres, which seem to be quite a bit cheaper still and have a better warranty service. Will definitely check out Tempe Tyres as well, I think I was looking at that site for wheels at one stage (and was impressed with the prices).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow, some of those reviews really shut the store down hard! They should be arriving today so I'll see how we go.
    Oh well, I'm still excited!

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: The Tyre Thread

Look at St George Tyres Online, have bought from then no hassles.

They have a website and eBay store, if the tyre you want isn't listed just email and they will try and get it for you
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually, got mine today guys.
    Pretty happy with OZZY TBH, happier than others seem to me. They don't call you back, but you just call them and it's too easy. They let me change the delivery address, sent me tracking information and confirmation texts so I was kinda pleased. Got my tyres delivered this morning, fitted this afternoon.
    This looks like they were even made in 2012?Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glad you got on well Click here to enlarge

That's the 49th week (December) of 2012 I think, which is pretty good really

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Same here, yes that is what I understood about the 49th week. One was mate in the 31st week of 2012 but hey no biggie IMO.

Thread Information