Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tyre Thread

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    ignore the measurement you take. thats always going to be wider. its a 7.5" wheel.

run a 215/35/18 tyre on it and you won't have many issues. Same measurements as my old 18's and I only ever got a tiny bit of scrubbing on the rear once lowered and fully loaded car.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    35 is so thin though! Have you damaged any rims running that low profile? I have heard of heaps who have though...
    I still want it more of a daily drive so it's not ridiculously loud and harsh.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    1 rim got a minor buckle on a pot hole on great ocean road and another on a massive pothole at 110km/h as there was no way of avoiding it.
    thats all on over 100k km of driving with 35 profile tyres.
    Just don't hit potholes and you will be fine.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd on steering clear of the Nankangs mate! (no pun intended)

They're Chinese tyres...

I recently got the Hankooks for $200 a corner 20" & fitted...
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -
    To Do's - Re-paint console, FMIC!! WASH!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Elliot_O I am sure @Brando47 will be happy to check whether the overall diameters of 215/40R18 and 215/35R18 are within legal requirements for you (although we might have to see whether the regulations in Qld are the same as in NSW and SA). Just tell us what tyre size is showing on your tyre placard.

Once we've worked out your tyre size(s), I am sure many of our fellow Queensland members will be able to recommend good value tyre outlets over there for you. But one place that comes to my mind at lesat, is Option 1 Garage. Email [email protected] and see what they can do.

Just for comparison purposes, Tempe Tyres' eBay store is selling:
    215/40R18 Kumho KH25 for $140 each
    215/40R18 Kumho KU31 for $160 each
    215/40R18 Pirelli PZero Nero for $190 each
    215/35R18 Kumho KU31 for $140 each
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by J Click here to enlarge
    @Elliot_O I am sure @Brando47 will be happy to check whether the overall diameters of 215/40R18 and 215/35R18 are within legal requirements for you (although we might have to see whether the regulations in Qld are the same as in NSW and SA). Just tell us what tyre size is showing on your tyre placard.

Once we've worked out your tyre size(s), I am sure many of our fellow Queensland members will be able to recommend good value tyre outlets over there for you. But one place that comes to my mind at lesat, is Option 1 Garage. Email [email protected] and see what they can do.

Just for comparison purposes, Tempe Tyres' eBay store is selling:
    215/40R18 Kumho KH25 for $140 each
    215/40R18 Kumho KU31 for $160 each
    215/40R18 Pirelli PZero Nero for $190 each
    215/35R18 Kumho KU31 for $140 each
    A quick google seems to suggest the QLD laws are the same, no more than 15mm above the tyre size on the placard. However after looking at my Astra's placard, if you got one with stockies then the tyre diameter is 596.1mm, it's only if your Astra came with the 15" alloys that the tyre diameter is 615mm. So you have to be within 15mm of the stock diameter. For the diameters you are looking at:

215/40/R18 = 629.2mm, just legal if you had alloys and will be the most sidewall you can get
    215/35/R18 = 607.7mm, perfectly legal for any Astra and won't give a significant speedo error

Edit: I've been looking at getting these: http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/store/ty...-89y-ku31.html
    215/40/R18 Kuhmo KU31 for $128 each, with free delivery

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Tyre Thread

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brando47 Click here to enlarge
    A quick google seems to suggest the QLD laws are the same, no more than 15mm above the tyre size on the placard. However after looking at my Astra's placard, if you got one with stockies then the tyre diameter is 596.1mm, it's only if your Astra came with the 15" alloys that the tyre diameter is 615mm. So you have to be within 15mm of the stock diameter. For the diameters you are looking at:

215/40/R18 = 629.2mm, just legal if you had alloys and will be the most sidewall you can get
    215/35/R18 = 607.7mm, perfectly legal for any Astra and won't give a significant speedo error

Edit: I've been looking at getting these: http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/store/ty...-89y-ku31.html
    215/40/R18 Kuhmo KU31 for $128 each, with free delivery
    Definitely recommend the KU31s for the price bracket. They are incredibly good value for money

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haha thanks @Brando47, just found those tyres today!
    Trying to find out if there's one Ozzy place in Briz to fit them for me! I've left messages but I haven't had any responses and I haven't been able to get to their Coopers Plains shop to see if it still exists or whatever... haha.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Elliot_O Click here to enlarge
    Haha thanks @Brando47, just found those tyres today!
    Trying to find out if there's one Ozzy place in Briz to fit them for me! I've left messages but I haven't had any responses and I haven't been able to get to their Coopers Plains shop to see if it still exists or whatever... haha.
    Yeah unfortunately you don't get the free fitment unless you get a wheel and tyre package, bit misleading on the site. Think it was something like $20 a corner around about to get them fitted normally though.

Edit, sorry just saw this http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/store/fi...lancing-pickup, pretty good deal if you can get them fitted etc. for $25, well worth following that up Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just ordered the Ku31's from them and fitting them at a local joint, they were trying to charge $150 to fit four tyres... jipped.
    The local will do it for $15 a tyre...

Thread Information