Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tyre Thread

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    Well I have 205/45R17 atm with a 50mm drop at the front and 30mm drop at the rear with no issues so if you get the prokit you will be fine with pretty much all of them I think.

Edit: @AfterBurner has 20" on his G SRiT as well so when he says this he could comment, think he said he gets minor scrubbing with passengers but not sure on wheel width, arch work he had done etc
    That's a good point ay, if your fronts are running fine with a 50mm drop and 616mm diameter tyres, should be able to run about 640mm diameter tyres at least without hassles, which is well above the legal limit already Click here to enlarge

And holy crap, 20's???? Had to see that on his ride thread haha, looks great! And it's on sportlines!!! He reckons they're either 225 or 235 with 30 aspect ratio, so say best case with 225/30/R20 and he has the 30mm drop on the rears... *get out the calculator* ... 643mm diameter tyres, wouldn't want to go any more than that then without serious guard work!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the thread mention ay, bit slow, lol...

Yeah i get scrubbing, mainly front tho & only have the front guards rolled/slightly pumped (courtesy of 'Sydney Guard Rolling' - iirc his name is Nelson) he did also mention the turbo guards are slightly different than the normal TS styles, ie the inner plastic guard & the return of the lip etc...

Different brands of tyres also have varying edge constructions, ie some will scrub less/more than others... atm im running Hankook's front & still have the original tyres on the rear (came with rims) Click here to enlarge
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -
    To Do's - Re-paint console, FMIC!! WASH!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AfterBurner Click here to enlarge
    Just got the thread mention ay, bit slow, lol...

Yeah i get scrubbing, mainly front tho & only have the front guards rolled/slightly pumped (courtesy of 'Sydney Guard Rolling' - iirc his name is Nelson) he did also mention the turbo guards are slightly different than the normal TS styles, ie the inner plastic guard & the return of the lip etc...

Different brands of tyres also have varying edge constructions, ie some will scrub less/more than others... atm im running Hankook's front & still have the original tyres on the rear (came with rims) Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the insight mate, fairly sure I have enough info now to get some that'll be a safe fit, only have 18's (you're probably the only person I have to say only 18's to haha) but yeah was just trying to find out how much sidewall I could fit under there without too much work Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got a quote today for $205 each fitted, balanced inc GST for some Hankook Ventus Prime 2 215/40/18's at the local today.
    Gut decision guys, Kumho, Hankook or Nankang?

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    don't even consider nankangs.

also if your lowered you will get scrubbing with a 40 profile. you should ideally be running 35
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    don't even consider nankangs.

also if your lowered you will get scrubbing with a 40 profile. you should ideally be running 35
    Still stock at the moment, was thinking maybe the Eibach Prolines if I think it looks like a monster truck but that'd be a while off yet.
    Also, I have 8.25" rims to put these tyres on, would that influence anything? Internal rubbing on a TS? Thanks Guy

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    whats the offset on the wheels?
    you're gonna need to do some mods to get anything wider than 7.5" wide without some scrubbing.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    OEM+

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Et42?

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    sure the wheels are 8.25" wide? never come across wheels in that sizing.

running a 215/40/18 youre gonna have issues even before lowering if they are 8.5" wide rims. Not only that I wouldn't really recommend stretching a 215 tyre anything past 8"
    with a 215/35/18 you should be able to get away with only minor scrubbing before being lowered on the rear and full lock on steering wheel.

if they are 8" you might just get away with it. Will scrub a fair bit at first but once it wears the plastic in the arches away it will be fine. When you lower it you will need to run at least 2deg of camber on the front.
    if they are wider than 8" you're gonna have some issues once lowered and will need to modify a few things. Not a major job but a bit of a pain.
    OEM+

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I've just seen the stamp that says they're 18 x 7.5J. NOOB MUCH.
    But if I measure outer rim inside to outside, it's 8.25"?

Thread Information