Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tyre Thread

I live in my own little world...but it's ok, they know me here...
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it looks as though I'm going to need to replace my tires soon, I'm no longer getting that much grip on them wet OR dry. I know that the KU31's come highly recommended, and up until recently I don't think I would've looked past them for the Astra...however, not too long ago I was advised to go Michelin...

...the only thing is, I don't know if I can get the Khumo's in that size for my car, as I only have the stock 15" rims...

...therefore, do I stick with trying to source the Khumo's or go Michelin? And if I go Michelin, what do people recommend? I wouldn't mind getting 17"rims, if I can source (and afford) a set that I like...
    3. Not allowed to threaten anyone with black magic.
    4. Not allowed to challenge anyone's disbelief of black magic by asking for hair.
    If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    kumho ku25's arent too bad imo if you are on a budget and arent driving around like you have a racecar

these are pretty cheap - $57 each (assuming your 15s are 195/50's), and thats US price so a little cheaper again
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

$228 a set + post, could get a set of 4 at your door for under $300
    Last edited by hazrd; 13th September 2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: one NINE five, not one eight five... doh
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    kumho ku25's arent too bad imo if you are on a budget and arent driving around like you have a racecar
    Awwww, but I want to..... Click here to enlarge
    Actually, I don't drive that hard, but I *have* managed to do a 180 in it...unintentionally Click here to enlarge

these are pretty cheap - $57 each (assuming your 15s are 185/50's), and thats US price so a little cheaper again
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Not sure if my 15's are 185/50's...and they were 195/50's...and we can't go out and check because Guy has my car!!!
    Last edited by Wraecca; 13th September 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: additional info
    4. Not allowed to challenge anyone's disbelief of black magic by asking for hair.
    If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge my bad, i MEANT 195 (suffering from fat finger syndrome)

Well once you can get your full tyre size, have a look on that website because those prices are so amazingly cheap and even with postage, works out cheaper than buying local for some brands of tyre
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge my bad, i MEANT 195 (suffering from fat finger syndrome)
    Click here to enlarge

Well once you can get your full tyre size, have a look on that website because those prices are so amazingly cheap and even with postage, works out cheaper than buying local for some brands of tyre
    Will do, thanks Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Wraecca; 13th September 2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: I screwed up a quote :lol:

OpelAus Forum Regular dizzydumb's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've personally used the Kumho Ecsta SPT 16", 17", 18" and now 19" on my VXR. (god knows what KU code they are, but i know the 19s are KU31). Might not line up against other better tyres for track runs, but I swear by them for other applications!
    __________________________________________________ _
    V-Tec = A sophisticated-sounding, conniving way of saying that your car only makes power at 8000rpm
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the Michelins? What would people recommend - the Pilot Sport, Primary or Energy? I've heard the Pilot series are fantastic, JaxQuickFit have quoted the Pilot Sport 3 and the Primary LC from $205, and the Energy XM2 from $109...

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tirerack shipping is usually $250-300 for a set to Oz, this makes buying cheap to mid range tyres from them unviable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just had a wheel alignment & balance done. but something on the invoice doesnt make sense.....

Rear tyres have up and down movement
    Can anyone tell me what this is?
    Last edited by hazrd; 20th September 2011 at 01:18 PM.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New tyres?

Hi there,
    I've just had my 2005 Vectra CD serviced and the bloke told me I need to replace the tyres as they are no longer road worthy. I'm not really sure what I should go for and don't want to spend a fortune if I can avoid it - so what would you recommend?
    Thanks for any tips or advice.
    Cheers
    Will

Thread Information