Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tyre Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

Can anyone who has used The Tire Rack before to get tyres shipped out to Aus, describe their experience? I'm interested in getting a new set of tyres for the rex and inclusive of shipping they're much cheaper than here. Also once you received the tyres how do you go about getting a place to fit them? Are they happy for you to BYO tyres?

Cheers

Scott
    "Grown men shouldn't have to buy other grown men birthday gifts unless they're f***ing" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
    Click here to enlarge
    MY06 Subaru Impreza WRX; 2.5" Magnaflow Diff Back, Whiteline 22mm Adj. R.S.B, H&R Sport Springs

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Every time I've messaged them they have been more than helpful and friendly. Deff would recommend them and postage of wheels seemed decent pricing not to mention their pricing to start with is good. Fitting just get ur local tyre shop to it's about $10-20 a corner
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it worth placing an opinion poll in this thread? Not so much as to vote on a tyre as what you think is the best one, but to show which tyre is most used by us on OA. so at a glance, we can all see what the most popular tyre is and take it upon ourselves to do some further research as required by either browsing this very informative thread or doing a bit of googling and making some phone calls.

I know that this particular opinion poll would be huge but I think now that there are a good number of posts here it should provide a decent database to start with. Don't bother listing tyres that have only been mentioned once (or maybe twice) but definately brands and/or models that seem to pop up quite regularly.

is there too much work involved?
    Last edited by JMZ; 23rd August 2011 at 10:46 AM.
    Old Car 0-100km/h took a friggin long time
    New Car 0-100km/h takes only 5.9sec

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I think there's too many Tyres to list. The website I listed earlier has great reviews on just about every tyre out there.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah pretty much what guy said, would be a LOT of stuffing around plus the poll wouldnt be big enough to list the brands of tyre Click here to enlarge

while on topic... ive been watching these, had them on the calibra and thought they were pretty good then. Thoughts??
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=360387957540
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    I think there's too many Tyres to list. The website I listed earlier has great reviews on just about every tyre out there.
    where did you post that? I've had a look back through this thread and can't find it......

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    Yeah pretty much what guy said, would be a LOT of stuffing around plus the poll wouldnt be big enough to list the brands of tyre Click here to enlarge
    hmm, thought so.
    Last edited by JMZ; 23rd August 2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Old Car 0-100km/h took a friggin long time
    New Car 0-100km/h takes only 5.9sec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    while on topic... ive been watching these, had them on the calibra and thought they were pretty good then. Thoughts??
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=360387957540
    IMHO, they are not as good as the FK452. More opinions here:
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falken/ZE912.htm
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    according to that site, the 452's rated 2% lower on average to the 912's?

that being said, the 452's got a much higher score with the progressiveness. although, the 452's are a bit more difficult to get in my size than the 912's (205 45 16)
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    according to that site, the 452's rated 2% lower on average to the 912's?
    You've also got to consider what the buyers expectations are. A tyre that is rather mediocre, but people aren't expecting much from it when they buy will rate highly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry my bad...

[I also had no idea that this thread has been moved from the General section...only found it when I was checking my PM...! So sorry also for any delayed response...]

The FK452 is designed to be an Ultra High Performance Summer tyre, while the ZE912 is supposed to be a Premium Touring Summer tyre. So it depends on what one wants from their new tyres, really!

[Note that the ebay seller is claiming that it is from the FK product line, by listing it as a FK ZE912. This is COMPLETELY false: there is NO FK912 or FK ZE912! Seems like the seller is just trying to mislead or deceive in order to rip more money out of the unsuspecting buyer!]

I remember Gman actually recommending the FK452 for those of us who are on a budget. Maybe it is in one of the earlier posts in this thread. Or you can just PM him to confirm Click here to enlarge

The last time I've asked around, Tempe Tyres was doing great deals on the FK452 and the Kumho KU31. I think I quoted some prices in one of my earlier posts (sorry I'm too busy to dig for it now, but it shouldn't be that many pages before this!)...may work out cheaper for you, even with postage included!
    Last edited by J; 26th August 2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Additional info!
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

Thread Information