Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tyre Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gman Click here to enlarge
    Bought from the US and even with shipping was a lot cheaper for track tyres.

Excess baggage on 2 tyres unless your flying business/first might be the deciding factor. Some airlines r doing size and weight on baggage now.

Postage from HK is usually pretty cheap, but sourcing what you want might be a pain unless you know exactly where you r going to get them from.

My 2c worth is the Yokohama AD08's. Love mine, even before the cup started.

BTW where in HK r u staying? Be prepared as its damn hot here ATM?

Sent from........
    gman: where did you get yours in the US? I did a quick search in tirerack before, and from memory, I can't see them doing shipping to Oz...

Any places in HK you would recommend getting tyres from?

Really wanted the AD08's, but (as mentioned before in one of my earlier posts in this thread), 215/45 is more than the legally allowed overall diameter change in RTA's perspective i.e. illegal.

[OT: Yes I saw the temp was already 29 degrees Celsius on a supposedly partly cloudy day at 6:00a.m. this morning! Just staying for a few days (in Tsim Sha Tsui), then over to Taiwan for another few. Where do you hang out in HK?]
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry should have been clearer. I bought the AD08's in Australia, but I have bought other tyres from the US and yeah it was Tire Rack, they will send to Aus no prob..

I work in Central and live in Happy Valley opposite the race course...And its damn hot and humid here ATM...
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

I'm new here, please be nice Glenn2199's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi J, sorry I did not reply sooner. Yes, it was the Dunlop "buy 3 get 1 free" deal I obtained from Beaurepaires. Will update you as they wear a bit. Not even chalked up 1000km on them yet, but so far so good.
    The auto-electrician had a crack at fitting a new voltage regulator first but discovered the whole unit was kaputt !

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by J Click here to enlarge
    Paddy: Like Autovaux, it seems Option 1 Garage responds better if they are contacted by phone. Any updates on this?

Glenn2199: Did you take advantage of the "buy 3 get 1 free" deal? Please let us know how you find the performance of those Dunlops as they wear.
    And sorry to hear about the spending, but hopefully you don't have to worry about those parts failing for a while! (By the way, the next time the battery is not charged, it may only be due to the voltage regulator part of the alternator, which is a lot less expensive to replace than the entire alternator!)

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what tyres would you guys reccomend for 235/35/R19 around the $200-$250 mark?
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    id pitch in the extra few bucks a corner and go these....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bridgesto...#ht_1610wt_905
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i dont mind paying the bit extra for decent tyres. but i thought the potenzas were crap?? im obviously getting confused with other tyres haha
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    lol
    ive been for a run in paulyj's corsa with these adrenalins and they stick pretty damn good imo
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ok so its 70 bucks for postage for 4 to Adelaide. 1170 in total... does that sound reasonable for those tyres?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For 19s definitely

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never buy these tires...

Hey all, just thought I'd bring this up... Just recently bought my MY03 Astra SRi Turbo and love it I must say....

But since I bought it, its had this massive vibration when I drive at 110km_+ .... took it today to get a balance and wheel alignment, thinking this was the problem, but no...

It had fairly new tires on it and this is why it killed me spending the money on them...

It had "Zex" i think its spelt, and they caused the vibration in the car...

Have a brand new set of Khumo's on it now and drives like a new car....

Thought I'd just let you know saves you making the same mistake...

Damo

Thread Information