Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tyre Thread

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you have! lol..

the rears should be the same on each side...

It's higher if you carry 5 people or lower with up to three people.
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think droodles has been looking at the chart as a picture of the car!!

I've spun out on a RWD car because the ****ers at the tyre shop put one rear tyre at 30 and the orther at 50psi!!!
    Last edited by JohnBu; 20th June 2011 at 02:01 PM.
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    I think droodles has been looking at the chart as a picture of the car!!

I've spun out on a RWD car because the ****ers at the tyre shop put one rear tyre at 30 and the orther at 50psi!!!
    Yeah LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh shit, all this time I thought the diagram was a picture of the car.

ROFL oh dear. ohhh dear. wouldn't surprised if the rears were worn out in a retarded manner.
    Astra TS CD

running stock (for the moment)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok my turn....basically its time to change the wifes tyres....after serving her for a very good 7 years (OE Tyres that come with the car ex belgium its the last of the TS model) Her Pirelli P3000 are due for a change this saturday. problem is i'm tossing up what to put on the car i've narrowed it down to 2 tyres:

Kumoh KH17
    Pirelli P5

the car is not modifed at all and never will be...my car is for that at least thats what the missus says the car gets highway and freeway driving weekly and alot of runabout driving. The prices I have been quoted are:

KH17 - $110
    P5s - $130

Only reason i'm leaning towards the P5s is becuase of the good run we had with the OE tyres. i've herd nothing about the KH17 but i'm sure alot of you have...please help me decide.

Thanks

ROCCO

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    here is the opinion on the KH17s for you mate..

they were put on the missus SRi when we bought the car with 26k on the clock...... she doesnt drive it hard, i dont drive it THAT hard, regular wheel alignments and balances...

car now has 61k on the clock, and they are starting to handle like shit in the wet. they arent on the wear limiter yet, but its a concern when u take off at the lights steady and you get a bit of wheelspin

and... we still have the OE bridgestone RE50A's on the back from when it was new
    Last edited by hazrd; 20th June 2011 at 07:53 PM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hazrd I was leaning toward the Pirellis...mainly because as i said above we have had such a good run with them I guess you get what you pay for huh

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    no dramas
    yeah i gathered they would be crap when the dealer said he put new tyres on the front before the sale lol
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still tossing up the Khumo KU31's for the Veccy C. Option 1 Garage can't do them at the moment and offered KH17 or KU23. KH17's aren't rated to W so I'm giving them a miss and as they are a herder tyre they will gie out towards the end.

KU31's seem to be the go but the KU23's have some decent reviews though they are limited in number. $147 for the 23's. Anyone have any info on the KU23's????

OpelAus Forum Regular dizzydumb's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning: Beware of Rotalla Tyres

So I bought my car from Sydney and it came with 2x Conti 235/35/19 SC2 in front, and 2xRotalla 245/35/19 (wrong size!) dodgies in the rear.

Wet weather: I started powersliding at 50-60kph around bends, damn ridiculous, even led me to post questions on what i thought was a 'lift-off oversteer'.
    Ok, so went to holden and got a major service done, including wheel aligntment + balancing, and a complete suspension reset (loosen up all joints and re-adjust all positions). The rotallas now end up in the front.

I've been understeering at 40kph in corners! Almost mounted the kerb the other day.
    On dry roads they're okay, just okay, but on wet roads it almost seems like i'm driving with totally BALD tyres (albeit them having 70% thread!).

So I finally got fed up and changed the rotallas to Kumho Ku31s and voila, problem solved. Thank God the tyre shop guys are willing to take them for $40 each traded in.

So beware guys!
    __________________________________________________ _
    V-Tec = A sophisticated-sounding, conniving way of saying that your car only makes power at 8000rpm
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Paddy Click here to enlarge
    I'm still tossing up the Khumo KU31's for the Veccy C. Option 1 Garage can't do them at the moment and offered KH17 or KU23. KH17's aren't rated to W so I'm giving them a miss and as they are a herder tyre they will gie out towards the end.

KU31's seem to be the go but the KU23's have some decent reviews though they are limited in number. $147 for the 23's. Anyone have any info on the KU23's????
    Good afternoon Paddy.

Without having ever driven on Kumho's, and just by looking at their naming conventions, as well as their claimed characteristics on the Kumho web site, it seems that the KH's are more of their standard/entry level products, whereas the KU's seem to be their higher performance/"sports" level products.

Theoretically, this would favour the KU23 more than the KH17, according to your personal preference. Having said that, as the KU23 is not even listed on their web site, and it is one of the lower-numbered KU's around, I'd hazard a guess that those tyres are probably too old to be worth buying?

On another note: have you tried contacting Tempe Tyres? I know they are based in NSW, but you may get better Kumho's (if not the Falken FK452's, which, at a similar price to the KU31's in my size, I would IMHO put on my car first before the KU31's) for not much more money, even after taking postage and separate mounting/disposal of old tyres/wheel alignment costs into account...?
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

Thread Information