Thread: The Tyre Thread

Hybrid View

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the factory Dunlop’s on my Astra wear out (or maybe sooner as they are absolute crap) ill be replacing them with a set of Good Year Eagle F1 GS-D3, I had these tires on my last car and found them to be brilliant, good price, good wet and dry grip, and good looking…only gripe I had with them was road noise, if I could justify the price I would go for the factory fitted tires I had to replace witch were Bridgestone SO2, unfortunately they were over a grand each even at mates rates.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently running a mix..... Click here to enlarge

Yokohama AVS' upfront, and Nankang NSII's behind..... all are 235/45/17 for the Veccy on its standard rims (CDXi ones).

I like about both of these:
    • Their relative quietness
    • Their good wet weather abilities
    • Great dry weather handling. Click here to enlarge
    I was told the Nankangs come out of the same factory as the Yokies, and are way cheaper, and find them eminently suitable for my hard style of driving Click here to enlarge I run them at 40psi front and rear, and try to remember to rotate every 10,000km. Click here to enlarge

My 2 cents.....

Thread Information