Paddy here, just new today but this is just the thread I need as it's one of my first priorities besides the 120k service on my vecy C

I need 4 new paws and I don't really want to spend a few hundred each corner. It's the family car but we drive like it should be driven so I need somethin half decent. currently runningon the standard 215/50/17 Vestra alloys (rare tyres!!!). I have had the original NCT5's which were OK for wear and grip, Then I went to the Maxxis ZRS4? tyres. These were average all round. Bob Jane is trying to sell them to me again but I'm hesitent.

I found the Khumo KU31 or the KH16 or 17 were available and am currently swaying towards the KU31. A mate of mine had them on his skyline and said they were good all rounders unless you want to go drifting, not likelyClick here to enlarge Kmart doiung them for $179 each.

So what do I do? Who can offer alternatives for my vecy C CDXI? I'm after in order of preference Good wear, quite, decent grip.

How do I stop the scolloping on the rear tyres? apparently it's common on Vectra's, VW Polos and some other front drive euros. I rotate them every 5K but is there a fix for it?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
for a less pricey substitute, i would recommend Kuhmo Ku31's. they are a pretty good tyre and alot of the guys here use them Click here to enlarge