Purchased 2 Michelin Pilot Sport 3s for my GTI- 225/45R17s .. not by choice, a flat tyre forced me to replace one tyre, so I may as well changed both front tyres.

I paid $235 each fitted and balanced. I'm use to paying ~$250 a tyre, so was pleasantly surprised I didn't get raped by the store who saw me rolling in with a damaged sidewall tyre. They had stock. I'm sure I could find them a tad cheaper, but I didn't have time to enquire at another store.

Original Continental Sport Contact 2s at the rear.

Initial thoughts are they are very good. Dry and wet weather are very good and they are quiet. We'll see if they get noisier as they get older, but by god they are much quieter than the worn Continental Sport Contact 2s I had. The old CSC2s made my car gearbox sound like it's dying.

In some ways I'm glad the Continental Sport Contact 2s at the front went flat.

I did push them during a high speed corner and the rear end did feel skittish, but I put it down to the 6 yo CSCs on the rear.

Traction is great, much more grip so traction issues have largely gone under medium throttle.

Overall very happy, but I would love to do a back to back comparison with the Bridgestone S001 and Re002

I did read a Wheels/Motor tyre test and the PS3s won overall. It comprehensively beat the Re001, which I thought was a good tyres. I wonder how Bridgestone's new pair would fair.

I'm sure all three would make excellent tyres for the spirited driver who doesn't intend on going to the track.

Sorry I can't give more of a review other than very good, but I'm not good enough of a driver to give the finer details, plus the fact is you gotta compare tyres on the same car and day to really tell the smaller differences (unless they are really rubbbish), plus it's not fair to compare 6yo tyres with new ones. But I can tell you they are a very good tyre! lol