I picked up another vectra yesterday.. the reason being the one I am fixing needa a few parts and it was cheaper to buy the whole car..... now this car is better in some instances than the one I am fixing.... The owners said they went to start it one morning and it was seized.
no oil in coolant... coolant level ok with ethyl glycol
I cheched the oil and it was overfull 2 litre 4.5 litres and I drained 5.7 and there is still the oil filter. oil was used but not smelling burnt
I removed the tappet cover and the plugs were full of oil.. i cleaned them out and removed the plugs all seemed ok.
I put a tube into the barrel and sucked for water or oil ...none found
i tried to turn over the motor without plugs and I get a clunk from the starter motorand I cant turn it over clockwise or anti clockwise by hand..
the car is an auto and in neutral..
Could the starter motor be jambed in the ring gear... I have had a beer so now going to try and remove the starter motor
I dont really care but the thing I want to know why it wont turn and if it is dead I will check the timing and see it its in line.
What do you people think. Any ideas
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!