My Vectra B (in common with most European cars) expects a number plate to have two mounting holes in the middle to accept the screws which hold it onto the car. A previous owner of my car (presumably the one to register the car in Queensland) has "kindly" drilled holes in the plate in the appropriate place to work with this mounting.

I (now) understand that Queensland Transport don't take kindly to people drilling holes in "their" plates in this way. In the (currently hypothetical) situation that I were to need to unregister the car (e.g. moving interstate, or changing plates for other reasons), I understand I am expected to return the current plates. What are they likely to say about the two holes that have been drilled slap bang in the middle of each plate?

A random related Q - is a QLD "Euro Plate" intended to be mounted in this typical European fashion, or is it just a style thing, and you still need an adapter between the vehicle and the plate?
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!