Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't shoot me for saying this...

But I think Nankang's are ok. LOL.
    They're really cheap though.

But before on my Mazda 626 I had Kenda, which lasted a whole year, didn't notice any wear, despite having gone on alot of road trips.
    The Nankangs on my Vectra feel good. Only had them for a month, so time will have to be the judge of whether they'll last long or not.

I've seen some good brand tires that wear real quick.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vectra.lee Click here to enlarge
    Don't shoot me for saying this...
    But I think Nankang's are ok. LOL.
    Sorry but Nankangs have to be without question one of the worst tyres I have ever driven on.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't know, the high quality SAWA's I have on my 15" are pretty deadly
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry but Nankangs have to be without question one of the worst tyres I have ever driven on.
    Hey bro, not picking an argument with you.
    I did get this brand because they were the cheapest.

In what sense are they bad? What's your experience?
    Just want to know, coz if they really suck, or if there's something I need to look out for, then I can avoid the brand next time.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But before on my Mazda 626 I had Kenda, which lasted a whole year, didn't notice any wear, despite having gone on alot of road trips.
    The Nankangs on my Vectra feel good. Only had them for a month, so time will have to be the judge of whether they'll last long or not.

I've seen some good brand tires that wear real quick.
    hard tyres last a long time because they don't grip..

good tyres have softer compounds for better grip, and will wear out faster..

Stick with one of the known brands & you'll be ok..

Even the Koreans are making decent tyres these day, but make sure you select the right ones from their range, because they also make rubbish ones too.

I'm partial to the Bridgestone Re001a's because I can't fault them and they are reasonably priced..
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for clarifying.
    I was interested in the Bridgestone range. But very dear.
    I had a choice of getting Toyo for $60/each more than the Nankang. Perhaps the extra $240 would've been worth it? I dunno. LOL.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    In what sense are they bad? What's your experience?
    Just want to know, coz if they really suck, or if there's something I need to look out for, then I can avoid the brand next time.
    worst gripping tyres i've ever driven on in the wet. I've driven plenty of customers cars that they have decided to put nankangs on and honestly. I think slicks would be a better tyre in the wet.
    Another member on the forum had an accident a couple of months back where he locked up into the back of a truck. Had he of had better tyres on I can guarantee his stopping distance would of been reduced more than enough to avoid it.

When it comes to tyres. Its the #1 thing on the car that should never be skimped on.

Sorry I just can't understand how people can compromise their own and others safety for a couple of dollars. If all you can afford is a cheap tyre than maybe you should hold off a bit longer until you can get something better.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    OEM+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand where you're coming from.
    For a few hundred saved, you probably end up killing or being killed, maybe survive but pay more dearly than the price of good tires.

I guess most people probably don't know enough about tires to realise what they're doing.
    You don't see people that work in tire places urging customers to put safety first and pay more for better.
    Who gets to judge the moral responsibility there?

Probably the advice for people like me with cheap tires is: defensive driving to the max! =)

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Who gets to judge the moral responsibility there?

Probably the advice for people like me with cheap tires is: defensive driving to the max! =)
    You prefer Pepsi or Coke?
    Its up to the purchaser to do their research. Sure the person at the tyre place may try to sell you something cheap as they make more profit on it. Thats why you should always state what your after.
    Tell them you want the safest tyre within your price range. I'd also use a small bussiness rather than a franchise as they might be $10 more per tyre (probably less though) but the advice and service they will give you will make up for it.

As for people not knowing enough about tyres. I'm sure today tonight or ACA do a story on it atleast once a month. There is plenty of info out there readily avalible.

As for the defensive driving. probably won't save you if the tyres don't do what you expect them to do.
    OEM+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point!

If you hear of a crash from me, credit goes to me for lack of research =P

Defensive driving, if that doesn't work...go slow like an old person! If you see a Vectra holding up traffic on a rainy day in Sydney west, might be me!

Thread Information