On behalf of everyone here at OA wishing you 2 a quick recovery after your first serious rally incident (and lets hope last).

Quote taken from facebook of the incident:
For those that don't know what happened, it was the very first gravel stage at IROQ, and it was the last corner of the stage, which was a fast left han...der on a cattle grid crest. I said to Steph before the stage started that it felt like we had a seized rear shock (which explains why one side had excessive neg camber when I did the allignment the day before), and the first big jump of the event that we landed sideways over, the car settle in the front fine, and I thought we'd gotten away with it, but as the back has come down, it's bounced straight back up, and pointed us at the trees... We skidded along the side of the road for a while, before we finally fell off the road, and kit a tree at about 120-130km/hr head on...

Car came to a rest facing backwards in the position that all the pictures have been taken at... Was easily the 'low point' in my career thus far, so I have that box ticked and out of the way!!

Still decideing what to do... Dunno whether to rebuild the car (anyone know a cheap GDB shell??), or hold off until the 2WD and SUV regs are finalised for the ARC... Time will tell!

Thanks again everyone for your suppost and well wishes, much appreciated!!!!

#43 Latho
And a pic Click here to enlarge poor imprezza

Click here to enlarge

Once again hoping for a speedy recovery! Yes car maybe wrecked but you walked away with your lives to race another day and thats what matters!
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!