No idea if anyone else has heard about this, but just in case you haven't, RACQ are doing a fuel consumption study at the moment. They mailed around a questionnaire a while ago, and I was obviously bored that day as I filled it in.

Well, to my surprise they've emailed me with an invitation into the detailed phase of the study. It's a 9 month evaluation of a number of factors relating to fuel economy, where consumption and distance are recorded. There is also hints of some level of driver training at some point.

Unfortunately, I obviously wasn't bored enough to read the fine print on the day I filled it in. In order to participate, I would have to use a fuel card. That fuel card works at a number of petrol stations - none of which sells the petrol I normally buy. (Not that I can get that petrol at the moment anyway, thanks to Yasi getting hungry not only for bananas but also sugarcane).

So - do I a) try to enter the study, sticking with 98 octane throughout (which isn't what I answered their questionnaire with), or do I b) avoid the study, and go back to United's 95 when the ethanol supply returns?

Opinions please...
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!