Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is a random thing then surely that is the cost of running the Customs Department.
    You do not get sent a bill for a random licence check from the Police Department !

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Post fact billing.. NEVER pay it!!! Let them chase you then question the hell out of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was charged this when I shipped over the snowflakes.

Luckily they dropped the wheels off at 8am. GST and Quarantine Invoices arrived at 2pm. Didn't pay them. Had 2 follow up calls regarding the "Quarantine" invoice. Told them I never received them. Never heard from them since.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoldenAstra Click here to enlarge
    It's a joke from DHL.

The parcel was well received around several weeks ago. If they did inspected my parcel, they would not release my parcel until I paid the Quarantine Processing Fee. They did not hold my parcel at all.--Strange

It's my parcel, why someone opened it and asked me to pay the cost of opening the parcel?--Why?

Why Australia Post does not send you invoice for Quarantine Fee, when you received oversea parcel inspected by quarantine?--Yes

The lady on the phone from DHL explained that it's random, it's government thing. Does it mean the government can randomly charge anyone for fees?--Oh dear!

It's all bullshit.

Unbelievable!!!
    Whos to say that the box and good werent treated as such with a solution or checked ? Quarantine agency based in the ports and airports of Australia is a Government agency . therefore they could be batch invoicing DHL for the services they preform after the fact and DHL could be passing the charges on by the AWB numbers that are being treated. If your so concerned with about paying the $47.30 then ring Quarantine and ask them why DHL would charge you and maybe they could shed some light on the matter.....
    O
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On average, AQIS inspects around 10 consignments in half an hour and charges the express carrier (DHL, TNT, Fed Ex, UPS) a $90 fee for the AQIS time. AQIS does not charge for the individual consignment.
    Source:
    http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/g...esscourierfees

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good find there Stevedee3. As it states they can charge you for the service. Pretty much the reason i thought it was charged...
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    the thing is though, are the couriers just using that as an excuse to charge people?

hoping that no-one says anything and just pays it

if they have paperwork from quarantine saying that is was inspected then fair enough though
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As soon as I asked for a copy of the customs paperwork they waived the fee, Seems dodgy to me. If they could produce the paperwork I would be happy to pay.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I ordered my turbo and everything dhl rang and asked for the fee which was 270+ and I asked if it comes with the paperwork and she said yeah it did so I paid over the phone and when I got the package, no paper works or nothing.. couldn't be fussed complaining though..

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Silver 03 SRi T -derestricted 2.2 airbox;total closure;ECU remap (EDS Stage 2 - 260 ps);breather box;Angel Eyes;Veccy Intake Scoop;FMIC;Inlet Cam;3"TBE;82 degrees thermostat;VXR Turbo;short shift;Team HEKO Wind Deflectors;Eibach Pro Kit;Whiteline RARB;Slotted Rotors with RDA Extreme Pads

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    the thing is though, are the couriers just using that as an excuse to charge people?

hoping that no-one says anything and just pays it

if they have paperwork from quarantine saying that is was inspected then fair enough though
    +100

not everyone got charged, why?
    why Australian Post does not charge such thing?
    just too many questions you can ask...
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport Alpine White
    2010 MY10 VW R36 Wagon Biscay Blue
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking|OpeliZed|Whiteline RSB|EibachProKit | Shopping Trolley

Thread Information