Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DHL-Quarantine Processing Fee-Purchase from AutoVaux

Hi guys,

What is this SHIT?

I purchased some parts(timing belt kit, water pump, drive belt, 2 air filters and 2 pollen filters) from AutoVaux last month or two.

I received all the parts last month. All good, no problem at all at that moment.

But today, the logistics department of my company called me, said they received a Tax Invoice from DHL, it's a Quarantine Processing Fee $47.30. (I used my company address to receive the parts, that why the tax invoice is to the company). I told them it has nothing to do with the company, it's just a personal on line shopping.

Now, I have the that invoice in hand and I called DHL. they said it's just random, sort of bad luck.

WTF? Just because of bad luck???Is it a fair go???

Did you guys received such invoice before for purchasing from AutoVaux?

& What's my option?

Thanks!
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport Alpine White
    2010 MY10 VW R36 Wagon Biscay Blue
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking|OpeliZed|Whiteline RSB|EibachProKit | Shopping Trolley

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    exactly the same happened to me. i ordered and recieved my timing belt kit and water pump without a problem then around 6 weeks later i got a letter from dhl to say i owed $47.30 quarantine processing fee from autovaux... the letter went in the bin and iv never heard anything else and that was around 2 months ago that i recieved the letter... iv got the things that i ordered so im not bothered. its not as though they can take the timing belt kit and water pump back
    Last edited by adam_92; 5th April 2011 at 11:02 AM.
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I started a thread on this a while ago. Ring DHL and demand to see the customs paperwork.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    never had anything like this with my autovaux stuff.

as nigel said ring DHL and demand the paperwork, and if not tell em to stick it
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah there's quite a bit on this
    Request for DHL to send you the quarantine inspection number.
    Everyone I know who has asked for this number (myself included) have found that DHL can no longer find their copy of the quarantine inspection number, and so they kindly offer to waive the fee.
    AQIS Charge $90.00 per half hour, plus the AQIS Direction fee ) depends if Air, Sea or Post – and if under the threshold of AUD$1000 )
    DHL have a permanent Quarantine Officer at their depots. This officer will determine inspection of packages based on paperwork, and what has been reported to customs.
    YES – your parcels can be pulled up for " random " inspection, or if they are timber, plants, animal items etc...
    DHL should possibly only be charging between $17.00 to $49.00 for a general inspection – anything other than that add $90.00 per half hour or part thereof ( and any treatment fees if it needs fumigated or destroyed )
    DHL should have a record of the parcels that AQIS pull up – it is AQIS Legislation that docs be kept for a number of years.
    DHL waived this today after a phone call, the lady at DHL couldnt explain why it was charged after she was ask for the quarantine inspection number that she subsequently could not find (surprise)
    So if anyone pays it, your nuts!, its a joke and they just hope that people pay it without questioning it!.
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I never had that. Only had to pay some fee to customes when my order was over AU$ 1000
    Sent the invoice back "return to sender, person unknown".... Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh....Thanks guys!

It was strange to me because there was no "inspected by quarantine" yellow sticker/packing tape on my package. I doubt it was opened by quarantine.

And as i remember, if you received a package from Australian Post and the package has the "inspected by quarantine" yellow sticker/packing tape on it, Australian Post will not send you a tax invoice for this shit fee.

Just spoke to the logistics department, they received a lot of this invoices. As long as it's business related,the company just pays for it because no one questioned it.

So, I think this thing is just a revenue point for DHL. They opened you package and then asked you to pay for it. Bullshit......

What a JOKE!
    Last edited by HoldenAstra; 5th April 2011 at 01:43 PM.
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking|OpeliZed|Whiteline RSB|EibachProKit | Shopping Trolley

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm Quarantine could be to do with certain parts pose threats to Australian Agricultural Industries which could the parcel could become contanimated from. I know i would rather pay the $48 dollars then not receive the parcel at all.
    You are using a freight agent with lots of running cost. When i purchased my Milltek Exhaust i had to pay duty on the item before the released the goods and it was close to about $400 aud on top of the $3500 i spend to get the exhaust + shipping.
    Last edited by Shaun; 5th April 2011 at 08:31 PM.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a joke from DHL.

The parcel was well received around several weeks ago. If they did inspected my parcel, they would not release my parcel until I paid the Quarantine Processing Fee. They did not hold my parcel at all.--Strange

It's my parcel, why someone opened it and asked me to pay the cost of opening the parcel?--Why?

Why Australia Post does not send you invoice for Quarantine Fee, when you received oversea parcel inspected by quarantine?--Yes

The lady on the phone from DHL explained that it's random, it's government thing. Does it mean the government can randomly charge anyone for fees?--Oh dear!

It's all bullshit.

Unbelievable!!!
    Last edited by HoldenAstra; 5th April 2011 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting...

I too purchased a timing kit/water pump etc. from Autovaux recently (last November) and had no such issues...

Is it a more recent thing ?? ie. this random charge ?? I reckon it's crap too and they're just trying to milk more money from people...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information