Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    Hi Peter,

They available on the Telstra network?

I've been with Optus for 14 years, but their reception has been terrible, so switching over to Telstra.
    not until next month Click here to enlarge

http://ausdroid.net/2011/05/26/samsu...lstra-in-july/
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the SGS2 today....it is incredible. I have had an iphone 3gs, blackberry 9650, HTC Desire Z, and this is better than all combined. Screen and speed are amazing! I just got 3300 in quadrant...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How about HTC Sensation? Same speed as S2 if less RAM, but the screen seems to be better and the battery lasts quite a bit longer. Same price as Samsung's weapon, too.
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dieselhead Click here to enlarge
    How about HTC Sensation? Same speed as S2 if less RAM, but the screen seems to be better and the battery lasts quite a bit longer. Same price as Samsung's weapon, too.
    Battery wasnt an issue for me, as I charge my phone nightly anyway. Mugen Power will bring out a 1800mah+ battery soon enough anyway. The s2 doesnt have the highest resolution screen, but the super amoled plus (biggest wank name) display is, for lack of a better word, breathtaking. Colours are so so vibrant without beein cartoon-ish.

Also just changed from an HTC Desire Z....biggest piece of shit ever. Broke within 3 months

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely pissed off now. My Defy, otherwise a decent phone, failed to play a 720p divX today. I really wanted to watch Ray Kurzweil's vision of the future while sweating on the elliptical at the gym tonight... Need dual core power, no doubt! Do I wait for 2 GHz or settle for 1.2 GHZ, that is the question Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dieselhead; 20th June 2011 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    considering most small laptops (ie <12") are only using ~1.5ghz, I think it is suffice to say that 1.2 on a phone is quite a lot haha. Ive come from using an 800MHZ processor overclocked to 1.4GHZ, and the SGS2 absolutely kills it! (ARM 9 i think...?)

OpelAus Enthusiast KingOfAstras's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SGII certainly is the best phone I've ever had and used. I've just traded up the iPhone 4. The flexibility of Android is beyond anything iOS can offer, even when jailbroken. The Dual-Core processor shines, there is no lag!

After loading the Villain ROM, the battery life is even better than stock! Makes me love the phone more and more :-)... Highly recommended!
    New: '10 Ford Focus ST/XR5 Turbo
    '06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    Old: 07.5 Opel Astra H Sporthatch... R.I.P.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Business partner just picked up his SG2 - I'm actually glad I got the Desire S - the Galaxy 2 is just a little too big for a phone. Screen is beautiful and its very quick, but for what I use a phone for - I don't need dual core and I don't need a screen that big.

Also feels a bit flimsy.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had a look at SG2 today. Not impressed with the screen, too blue whites for my liking. Don't think it looks $800 like, either...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    co-worker bought one after having a S1... he was obsessed with doing quadrant benchmarks and overclocking his s1, best he scored was 1300 roughly, tried his fresh outta box s2 and got 3000 score or so! insane power but me thinks like most computers will just get slower and slower, im far from an iphone fan but must say my 3gs has stayed the same speed/lag since i bought it... and have gone back to it from my xperia (only cause xperia is peice shit and was given up on) yet now im thinking of buying an xperia play now finally has gingerbread and 2.3
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information